Livestreams of the retail versions

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Grimskarson
Initiate

Re: Livestreams of the retail versions

Post by Grimskarson » February 27th, 2017, 12:55 am

Takkik wrote:so factions are cut too.

Wasn't you but the devs I was referring rushing the game. What you say, all the cuts, give me the feeling they got out of time/money and released what they have done. They got more money & time and they couldn't release the core game they pitched. Well, the biggest issue is how they hidden the cuts with their silence.
You maybe right they end the story but in the last zone i have the impression that they put a lot of important NPC in the same place and when you see the paper map with the game there is a lot of place that you ll never see

natzy
Acolyte

Post by natzy » February 27th, 2017, 1:33 am

Do we have the possibility of using the world map to travel where we want?
Look out below! Above! Sideways!

Grimskarson
Initiate

Post by Grimskarson » February 27th, 2017, 1:41 am

natzy wrote:Do we have the possibility of using the world map to travel where we want?
Nop no world map when you finish a zone you can't return backward

natzy
Acolyte

Post by natzy » February 27th, 2017, 1:45 am

Grimskarson wrote:
natzy wrote:Do we have the possibility of using the world map to travel where we want?
Nop no world map when you finish a zone you can't return backward
Thank you very much for all of your information. Sad to see we didn't get a world map. Hope there is reactivity and that you choices do matter!
Look out below! Above! Sideways!

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » February 27th, 2017, 2:25 am

Is there no in-game world map at all, or is there a map but it can't be used to travel? The stitched-together world map in PST simply looked awesome, even though you had very few choices in your movements for the second half of the game.

Grimskarson
Initiate

Post by Grimskarson » February 27th, 2017, 2:32 am

Serjo wrote:Is there no in-game world map at all, or is there a map but it can't be used to travel? The stitched-together world map in PST simply looked awesome, even though you had very few choices in your movements for the second half of the game.
unless the paper map with the box i didn't see any map in the game and you don't have the choice of where you go

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » February 27th, 2017, 3:15 am

Grimskarson wrote:
Serjo wrote:Is there no in-game world map at all, or is there a map but it can't be used to travel? The stitched-together world map in PST simply looked awesome, even though you had very few choices in your movements for the second half of the game.
unless the paper map with the box i didn't see any map in the game and you don't have the choice of where you go
Sad.

Spectrea
Initiate

Post by Spectrea » February 27th, 2017, 4:51 am

Lord of Riva wrote:
Grimskarson wrote:I just beat the games in 40 hours good storyline

But lack of environnement 2 big city and 2 or 3 dungeon of 1 or 2 maps
Maybe i miss content i LL see that on m'y second run

The end arrive too fast many big revelation in one time
Kinda what happens when the 2nd major city gets cut and the first gets split in half and rebranded to fill the void. Presumably the place you was talking about where they placed the major NPC's and you cant go anywhere is Oasis/Jerboa?

Just 3 foci is so disapointing we knew it was that way from the datamining i guess, but they was talking when the beta first came out like they would add more at release. How is it you have 4-5 years development, multiple delays and still have a massive feeling of being rushed sigh.

Grimskarson
Initiate

Post by Grimskarson » February 27th, 2017, 5:06 am

Spectrea wrote:
Lord of Riva wrote:
Grimskarson wrote:I just beat the games in 40 hours good storyline

But lack of environnement 2 big city and 2 or 3 dungeon of 1 or 2 maps
Maybe i miss content i LL see that on m'y second run

The end arrive too fast many big revelation in one time
Kinda what happens when the 2nd major city gets cut and the first gets split in half and rebranded to fill the void. Presumably the place you was talking about where they placed the major NPC's and you cant go anywhere is Oasis/Jerboa?

Just 3 foci is so dissapointing we knew it was that way from the datamining i guess, but they was talking when the beta first came out like they would add more at release. How is it you have 4-5 years development, multiple delays and still have a massive feeling of being rushed sigh.
no sign of Oasis/Jerboa in the game i don't want to spoil all the end part it's in the organic city.... i don't know te name in english biophagus something like that you see kholn and miel avest that's all

Kulin
Novice

Post by Kulin » February 27th, 2017, 5:12 am

Grimskarson wrote:
Well if that is true, this is an even bigger disappointment then the cut foci. Not even a worldmap to choose where i want to go next? So this is a strictly linear game without the opportunity to wander around and explore or go back and solve missed quest?

That would be quite a fail in my opinion.

Grimskarson
Initiate

Post by Grimskarson » February 27th, 2017, 5:14 am

Kulin wrote:
Grimskarson wrote:
Well if that is true, this is an even bigger disappointment then the cut foci. Not even a worldmap to choose where i want to go next? So this is a strictly linear game without the opportunity to wander around and explore or go back and solve missed quest?

That would be quite a fail in my opinion.
When you quit a zone all the quest remain count fail...

Sarotar
Initiate

Post by Sarotar » February 27th, 2017, 5:18 am

Thanks for giving us all the informations Grim. Not everything you say sounds all that great, but all in all your opinion of the game seems to be very positive, so I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Grimskarson
Initiate

Post by Grimskarson » February 27th, 2017, 5:30 am

Sarotar wrote:Thanks for giving us all the informations Grim. Not everything you say sounds all that great, but all in all your opinion of the game seems to be very positive, so I am looking forward to tomorrow.
the game worth it it's awesome in fact i didn't follow the dev i start like a white sheet of paper no promise no trailer

i only play planescape torment week ago (lot of easter egg in tides by the way)

but when i see some promise cut compagnion, only 3 foci, some quest at the start of the game who progress when you sleep in the second part of the game no more quest like that (or i didn't see them)

i can understand some people who find that sad

Sarotar
Initiate

Post by Sarotar » February 27th, 2017, 9:55 am

Grim, could you tell us what the level cap of the game is? Tier 4 or does it go above Tier 4?

Grimskarson
Initiate

Post by Grimskarson » February 27th, 2017, 10:46 am

Sarotar wrote:Grim, could you tell us what the level cap of the game is? Tier 4 or does it go above Tier 4?
Tier 5

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » February 27th, 2017, 6:29 pm

If anyone still doubted the "no going backwards" thing, the walkthrough on game-maps.com confirms it:
The game consists of 4 acts. Moving on to the next act you can not go back to the previous location.

http://game-maps.com/TToN/Torment-Tides-of-Numenera.asp

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » March 1st, 2017, 10:54 am

I've dug into this a little deeper; the game was originally supposed to be a little more complex in its progression, with Sagus serving as the central hub for your journeys. The intended progression was Sagus -> Valley > Miel Avast -> Sagus and Bloom (both areas are directly connected to each other in the game world) -> Oasis -> Sagus -> Resonance Chamber.

Sagus was intended to change in between your visits - there's a reference to protests in front of the goverment building that you would have had to deal with before the airship would take you to the Oasis. You can see why they cut all of this: making all the quests and NPCs in Sagus react to the later plot developments would have been a ton of work.