Character XP

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Devousa
Novice

Character XP

Post by Devousa » February 21st, 2017, 6:49 pm

Having completed the beta once in preparation for the launch, I wanted to ask is there any kind of system that has been planned to balance the levels and experience gain for companions that you don't use as party members as often as you might use some other members? I noticed that party members who aren't in your party do not gain party experience or at least if that companion is new, like for example I got Rhin very late in the beta because of the order that I did things in, she started from level 1 whereas some of my other characters had already reached Tier 2. Or should you pick your "Troublesome Three" for your playthrough and save the other 3 companions for second playthrough in order to fully explore their stories without fear of them getting steamrolled in their first mid-/late-game crisis?

Havelok_
Novice

Re: Character XP

Post by Havelok_ » February 26th, 2017, 11:44 am

If they don't have a solution for it, there is the very cheaty (but extremely handy) CheatEngine route. Take a character out adventuring, keep scanning every time XP is gained, and raise their XP in cheatengine after you find the address of that character's XP. Poof, they have caught up.