Thank you to everyone who has joined us for the Torment Beta Test. This page lists release notes and known issues. This is not an FAQ, but you may wish to read it before providing us with feedback.
The Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Test includes the introduction to the game, and much of the city of Sagus Cliffs, making for approximately 10 hours of gameplay. With this Beta Test, we hope to get your feedback and hone in on what we can improve. It is not spoiler-free. While content in the Beta Test is reasonably polished, it may have bugs, and many elements may change or will have additional polish in the coming months towards release.
- The user interface is at a first-pass state. It is functional, but sytlistically and artistically unfinished. This will see significant improvement in the coming months.
- Merchants and trading are not yet in the game. To comepensate, we've added some more items and equipment to containers throughout the environments.
- Combat and gameplay balance is at a first-pass state.
- Not all character Foci are implemented yet.
- Certain game options (such as for text size and fonts) many not work at this time.
- The text console will re-enable itself after a conversation.
- Cyphers cannot be traded between party members.
- Enemy turns in combat may briefly pause/hitch before playing.
The Torment Beta Test is only available on Windows 64-bit. Mac OS X and Linux may follow. The Beta Test is only available on Steam. GOG.com will become available upon the game's final release for those who prefer a DRM-free option.
We do not yet have a set of system requirements for the game, but we do strongly recommend the following:
- Windows 7 64-bit or higher
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB preferred)
- Intel or AMD quad core processor or better
- Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce 7xx series or AMD Radeon R9 series graphics, or better
- 15 GB free hard drive space
Please make sure you download the latest drivers for your available system hardware before playing:
- NVIDIA drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- AMD drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Intel drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
- Realtek drivers: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
- DirectX: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download ... aspx?id=35
While playing the Beta Test, you can open the Feedback menu using the button in the top-right corner of the screen and log in with your Torment backer account. From here you can send bug reports or feedback to us. Let us know what you think! We will be monitoring your input and using it to improve the game. You can also post a thread and discuss things here as well, of course.
A quick note on save/load functionality. While it should work (all your data is saved), you may experience issues with the game not restoring that data properly in certain situations, such as certain quest events not updating or playing after you load a save. These are usually fixed if you restart the game (quit out entirely) and load up a save file from the main menu, without reloading after that.