Can I turn off Tidal Insignt?

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Aoyagi
Initiate

Can I turn off Tidal Insignt?

Post by Aoyagi » June 23rd, 2018, 4:23 pm

Hi, I was just wondering if it's possible to disable Oom-Boosted Tidal Insight as I find it not only quite distracting, but a bit undesirable to begin with.

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: Can I turn off Tidal Insignt?

Post by kilobug » June 24th, 2018, 12:24 am

Not that I know, apart from ditching Oom and using another companion instead. But I did find it useful and pleasant to have, personally.

Aoyagi
Initiate

Post by Aoyagi » June 24th, 2018, 7:06 am

Yeah, I ditched Oom. Too bad though, it seems like an interesting character.

Now I've got "Inspiring Presence" to worry about....

troybpierce
Initiate

Post by troybpierce » July 25th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Oom's tidal insight can be extremely helpful if you are shooting for a specific trophy available near the very end of the game that requires the castoff to have certain dominant tides (but I can see how it also might break the role-playing/immersion factor).

I recently decided to start a 3rd playthrough of the game to try to get the last few remaining PS4 trophies that I didn't manage to unlock up on my first 2 playthroughs.

I almost NEVER play a game more than once because I'm an OCD completionist and RPGs take me FOREVER to complete. I'm usually so exhausted by the time I finish an rpg that I NEVER want to touch it ever again. But because this game is relatively short, a third playthrough didn't seem like such a daunting task. This rpg is shorter than most rpgs simply because it doesn't have hours and hours of combat against trash mobs - maps can be cleared very, very quickly because there is so little combat (most combat can be avoided through dialogue). The only thing slowing you down is how fast you can read!

Anyway, the point of my post was that Oom's tidal insight is ESSENTIAL to unlocking a certain trophy available near the very end of the game that is tied to the castoff having certain dominant tides. I'm taking Oom everywhere for this reason!

Edit: I managed to get this trophy using Oom, so I finally have all trophies on my PS4.

joe654
Initiate

Post by joe654 » September 12th, 2018, 4:00 pm

yes you can