How to raise esotery skill?

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

xirr2000
Initiate

How to raise esotery skill?

Post by xirr2000 » August 7th, 2017, 1:42 pm

I see there is an esotery skill that helps improve attacks with esoteries, but it is not clear how I can raise this. It does not seem to be something that can be trained in at creation in the way a Glaive can train in weapon skills for example. I'm assuming there is a way, would appreciate any input folks can provide, thanks.

jsaving
Novice

Re: How to raise esotery skill?

Post by jsaving » August 7th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Can you describe the game screen where you are seeing a skill called "esotery"?

xirr2000
Initiate

Post by xirr2000 » August 12th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Sorry I can't remember clearly, but I thought I saw it as a skill. Perhaps its not called "Esotery", but it's training in using esoteric attacks, or at least onslaught. Basically a nano version of a weapons skill, does such a thing not exist in the game? I believe one of the NPC companions available, Castille has the skill.

jsaving
Novice

Post by jsaving » August 15th, 2017, 6:19 am

There isn't a particular skill called "esotery" that any character can improve, but some characters gain (or can gain) specific talents that give them a boost to esotery damage. This boost is usually +15% and can typically be improved at certain level-ups in lieu of gaining a new talent. One example is Callistege's targeting eye.

You might also want to keep your eye out for a couple of bonded artifacts that increase esotery damage.