Lack of decent medium might weapons

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

player1
Initiate

Lack of decent medium might weapons

Post by player1 » March 16th, 2017, 10:48 pm

There are no good medium might weapons in this game, exempt in very early game.

Was this intentional?

This really nerfs Aligern as companion, since Might focus is natural choice for him, as well as medium weapons due to his skill bonus. Plus he is unable to focus on speed, which has many medium size weapons to chose for.

This also broke my own Jack character with shield master focus, who also specialized in might. He started good with that mace from the reef with chemical bonus. Then he got the battle axe. And that's it. No other weapons in thus category at all in the game. One of the wikis mentions Galvanic Hammer, but only Galvanic Hammer in the game is heavy two handed weapon, not the medium as wiki states.

At the end of the game, I was forced to switch to heavy weapons and to take hit penalty, in order to do any decent damage, as well as lose shield and its specialization bonus, in order to keep the character competitive.

Is it really a good design, to make such trap for the player builds?

player1
Initiate

Re: Lack of decent medium might weapons

Post by player1 » March 18th, 2017, 12:58 am

Hmm... there is an Temporal Hammer which you get after the Bloom, thus near end of the game. Exempt that, nothing else good.

player1
Initiate

Post by player1 » March 20th, 2017, 12:46 pm

So, no one else got their build trapped in medium might weapons?

Jernaugh
Scholar

Post by Jernaugh » March 22nd, 2017, 5:08 pm

Isn't the axe you get below the Sticha nest in Davis a decent medium might weapon? The damage on it seems pretty good. Or am I misremembering and it's a speed weapon?

Edit: ah, no, just checked. It's heavy. :-(