Is there any way to replay fights in bt3?

For all discussion on the original trilogy and humorous ARPG spin-off.
Jesse011
Initiate

I restarted my characters from bt1 when legacy mode came out so I could redo things like the berserker fights, spectre snares from mangar, and scepter segments but for some reason in 3 the boss fights stay completed if I leave the area and come back to them. Is there any way to to replay those?
Drool
Forum Moderator
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

The only boss in 3 that you can repeat is Brilhasti.

Well... technically you can repeat Tslotha Garnath if you never pick up the Nightspear, I suppose.

It's bad if you want to experience the fights again, but if you just want it for XP, it's generally not that big a deal. There's plenty of XP to be had from random encounters.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Jesse011
Initiate

Thanks. It's killing me to not have a complete bestiary! Especially since I finished my playthrough before it was put in so I dont have the bosses there at all
Drool
Forum Moderator

Ah, yeah, that's a bummer. If you run through again, a single fight should completely fill out the entry.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
Ether
Scholar

I'll never be able to reconfirm this, but I do seem to recall that bosses and other events came back if you left the dimension and returned in the C64 version.
Drool
Forum Moderator

I don't believe so. I have a C64 version, but multi-disk games are a pain to navigate in emulators, so I largely used it to spot-test things. That said, I'm pretty sure there's some kind of global flag that gets set (except for Brilhasti for... reasons?).

Way back in the day, I used a disk-swap glitch to make a Doppleganger to mess around with (and because he usually spawned with 150+ use Flare Crystals). This particular one spawned with Werra's Shield. After I recovered from having a heart attack when the Old Man died, I looted the store house and used the Doppleganger to warp around and explore. Despite not having a legit Chronomancer, the game acted like I had done the final step for each of the artifacts; so Tslotha was still alive, but Valerian's tomb had been looted. But, crucially to this conversation: Sceadu was dead.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Return to “The Bard's Tale Trilogy & ARPG”