BTCS Is on Archive.org

For all discussion on the original trilogy and humorous ARPG spin-off.
Gizmo
Grandmaster
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for 3rz1is.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

The Internet Archive just got a huge collection of DOS programs added to it; Bard's Tale Construction Set among them.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Bards ... t_The_1991

The application seems to be stripped of the editing features—or I missed them somehow; it is the Amiga version.

dulsi
Initiate

Bt Builder is my open source BTCS clone. It has more features than the original. I've spent a lot of time with BTCS. I do not recommend playing with the original engine. It just doesn't play well IMHO. Not that the sample game is great. Roscoe's is broken in the game.
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
Keighn
Initiate

Pity none of this is compatible with current TBT. I seriously doubt there will ever be one or a Dragon Wars.
Gizmo
Grandmaster

They should have made an editor for TBT; at least capable of reading & writing custom maps. If WL2 can load and interpret 6502 assembly from a user file, then a BTCS interpreter [mini-game] should have been possible.

—Something similar to this [mock-up] would have been nice:
Keighn
Initiate

Yeah pretty sad no BTCS for the trilogy. I gave the original on Amiga & Dos as well as BT Builder and Devil Whiskey. Maybe I should spend more time on these just to tinker around.

What's fascinating is the FRUA has so many adventures and it was a delight to mess with learning tricks and tips. I bet its still being tinkered with to this day.

Besides the BTCS, I'm sure people may have wanted Dragon Wars, Fountain of Dreams, and Escape from Hell. If all these and Wasteland 1 could untilize an engine for novice game creators within said engines it would be awesome. Using the assets already in game would work for a lot but allowing some leway for adding music, animate creature pics, top down maps in the case of WL, FOD, EFH would be darn cool. A mix genre or mix perspectives DAMN!

It would know that JEPG MAKER back a step or two for us old timer western games. I'd pay 30$ for that.
Gizmo
Grandmaster

Keighn wrote: September 17th, 2020, 3:22 pm What's fascinating is the FRUA has so many adventures and it was a delight to mess with learning tricks and tips. I bet its still being tinkered with to this day.
Oh certainly! There were new user adventures released for it as recent as several weeks ago. 8-)

http://ua.reonis.com/index.php

https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_real ... ADVENTURES

Return to “The Bard's Tale Trilogy & ARPG”