BT2: Destiny Knight - Can't enter Oscon's Fortress?

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Grave
Scholar
Location: At Scott's Bar, waiting for this radiation cloud to blow past...

BT2: Destiny Knight - Can't enter Oscon's Fortress?

Post by Grave » April 4th, 2019, 5:25 pm

I have the Item of Kazdek, but I still can't enter Oscon's Fortress. I thought once I had this item, I could get past the locked gate, but I can't. Is there something else I need to do?
"One thing about the desert: anything goes. It's just one big lawless sandbox. Do anything you want, but just don't get yourself killed. That tends to shorten your life span incredibly. Good luck, and may your Uzi never jam."

kaypy
Acolyte

Re: BT2: Destiny Knight - Can't enter Oscon's Fortress?

Post by kaypy » April 4th, 2019, 5:42 pm

You should already have a Key to get through gates (maybe you banked it?). The I.o.Kaz gets you into the fortress itself. (So you need both)

Grave
Scholar
Location: At Scott's Bar, waiting for this radiation cloud to blow past...

Re: BT2: Destiny Knight - Can't enter Oscon's Fortress?

Post by Grave » April 5th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Turns out, I didn't have the master key! Did some searching on Bard's Tale Online, read the walkthrough and realized I never met the Key Master. So, I had to go back to the Tombs and buy the key.
"One thing about the desert: anything goes. It's just one big lawless sandbox. Do anything you want, but just don't get yourself killed. That tends to shorten your life span incredibly. Good luck, and may your Uzi never jam."