Is Kinestia supposed to mess with magic?

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

rakenan
Scholar

Is Kinestia supposed to mess with magic?

Post by rakenan » March 27th, 2019, 7:55 pm

So, I played through Kinestia and it got me wondering - isn't there supposed to be some global effect in Kinestia that makes magic spells more expensive? I remember the rhyme for the world in the box was "Your spells will cost you dearly to cast, so find where Ferofist's hidden real fast," or at least something similar to that, and Hawkslayer warned me that magic was messed up in Kinestia. But I didn't notice anything like that. Granted, once you level up enough you'll find Harmonic and Crystal gems in large enough quantity to literally obliterate everything in your path without a thought, so I might not have noticed it, but I'm pretty sure my MAMA's were costing me 40 and my FAFI's 50 just like anywhere else (obviously with Conjurstaves equipped).
This year, I resolve to work harder. . . because it's obvious the world is not going to end itself.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Is Kinestia supposed to mess with magic?

Post by Drool » March 27th, 2019, 8:59 pm

There's no mechanical change. The only thing I can think of is the fact that there's no outside to recharge for free. Even in Gelidia, you could step outside. Beyond that, probably just marketing flavor text.
Alwa nasci korliri das.