Classic Bard Songs from the original trilogy

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Ouroboros
Initiate

Classic Bard Songs from the original trilogy

Post by Ouroboros » January 14th, 2019, 12:17 am

Although the bard songs included in The Bard’s Tale Trilogy Remastered are much better than the original Apple, Amiga, and Commodore versions, and way better than the PC versions with its ultra-simplistic internal speaker sound, they are pale reflections of the quality that the songs should have been rendered with for a 2018 version of those games. For examples of what the songs could have sounded much more like in this remastered trilogy, please review “The Bard’s Tale Trilogy (HQ Remake)” on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... GhdhBA3wdH
I’m surprised such options weten’t explored in this trilogy remake, but there’s still time for redemption!
Please offer options to replace the included mediocre and sometimes painful-to-listen-to songs with something much closer to (or even exactly the same as) these HQ remakes of the old songs. Myself and many others have been waiting decades for decent renditions of these songs from the original trilogy to be made and integrated into a remastered version of the games. If it’s not done now, it most definitely never will be later. Such a service would be most greatly appreciated!

Still waiting patiently for decent bard songs,
Ouroboros

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: Classic Bard Songs from the original trilogy

Post by Gizmo » January 14th, 2019, 11:15 am

Might I suggest a discreet renaming of the title? (The typo drastically changes the intended meaning.) ;)

rmichael
Initiate

Post by rmichael » January 15th, 2019, 7:39 am

I listened to the BT3 songs, they're great. Not too much of stretch to imagine a bard walking around playing them.. with a few instruments simultaneously. :)

I hope they can be added to the Remaster versions.

Would be nice to keep the original tracks for "legacy" mode too.

Ouroboros
Initiate

Post by Ouroboros » January 15th, 2019, 11:55 pm

Yeah, sorry about the typo—typing fast and s & d are close together. If you were reviewing the HD song material in that link I sent out before, it was a mix of remastered songs on YouTube that are available to Bard’s throughout the original trilogy. I’d love to see a way to integrate them or something like them into this remastered trilogy.

Ouroboros
Initiate

Post by Ouroboros » January 16th, 2019, 12:06 am

My personal favs are Traveller’s Tune, Lucklaran, and Badhr Kilnfest from the original Tales of the Unknown game.

Magican
Initiate

Post by Magican » March 3rd, 2019, 11:27 am

I also think the songs are way to fast, slow them down and do a little extra on them like the rest of the game had gotten. It is so great, so please the the songs a better tuneup and slower feeling.