BT3 Conversion - Graphics

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

redwinclass
Novice

BT3 Conversion - Graphics

Post by redwinclass » December 14th, 2018, 7:06 am

The BT3 conversion publicity is really terrific. The stuff of dreams!

One comment though. The conversion is based on the C64 graphics, which do have a limited color palette. Sometimes the backgrounds or larger design elements are a little monotonous (eg. plenty of purple). I think this was a graphical limitation rather than an art direction. So please can we have more variation from the color palette?

redwinclass
Novice

Re: BT3 Conversion - Graphics

Post by redwinclass » December 14th, 2018, 7:26 am

On another note, could we finally see consistent quote marks on the opening title? (use all straight quotes or all curly in the game please) It's the first thing to hit the eye. Please change it! (you're going to have to update it to 2019 anyway)

rmichael
Initiate

Re: BT3 Conversion - Graphics

Post by rmichael » December 14th, 2018, 1:22 pm

While I agree almost all of it really is fantastic, as ZiN pointed out the biker is based on the Amiga version and it does look quite bad, IMO.. The Amiga art is generally awful and I found the game unplayable after loving the C-64 art. (Sorry to the Amiga graphic artists who worked on it!)

I hope it won't be too much work for Krome to revisit any of the Amiga-sourced art that (by mistake?) slipped in.