The Bard's Tale Trilogy "The Destiny Knight" Launch Trailer

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Loswaith
Novice

Re: The Bard's Tale Trilogy "The Destiny Knight" Launch Trailer

Post by Loswaith » October 25th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Drool wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 6:51 pm
I like the Darkness idea. Since it's not a light spell, it should have some special interaction with that. Hell, I could almost see an argument for it piercing Darkness, but that might make it too powerful.

Of course, you eventually just use BASP because it's so much more convenient.
It could essentially work like "smoke in your eyes" in darkness. Thus darkness would still be an issue, but a lesser one with the cats eye spell.

jamespodesta
Explorer

Post by jamespodesta » October 29th, 2018, 6:01 am

Keighn wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 9:18 am
Even on minimal settings it just freezes. Fresh installs.
It has to be my machine. That’s what I get for buying cheap Lenovo.
I missed if you tried this already... Did you try opengl mode? we had some luck with another user that was getting crashes when running under DirectX, but worked fine in opengl.

run with -force-glcore on the commandline.
Lead Programmer
Krome Studios.

Tuoweit
Acolyte

Post by Tuoweit » November 7th, 2018, 5:37 am

jamespodesta wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 5:11 pm
I've noticed the cat's eyes flame is green on c64. Does anyone know if that gave it any specific extra ability, or was it just aesthetic?

I have this intuitive feeling that cat's eyes should be a really important light spell but it doesn't seem so by the manual and for the fact it was excluded form the BASP spell.
I remember it being green on the Apple IIe version as well. And for that matter, now that I think about, I think LERE/GRRE also had distinct colours (LERE being blue, GRRE being purple; with MAFL of course being orange). But also IIRC other than the duration difference it had the downside of NOT detecting secret doors, unlike other light spells... which is probably why it wasn't included in BASP.