The Bard's Tale Trilogy - Bugs or Not Bugs?

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: The Bard's Tale Trilogy - Bugs or Not Bugs?

Post by Gizmo » April 24th, 2019, 11:17 am

Well the arm band would probably get the —banned— in Germany.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » April 24th, 2019, 12:53 pm

ZiN wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 10:51 am
- An awful lot of "magic chains" (aka "stuck") and "smoke in your eyes" squares made it into different maps, such as Kinestia and Tarmitia, which I don't remember being there.
I believe they just copied the data over. Could be memory; we're all getting old.
- In Tenebrosia, the wall you're supposed to cast PHDO or WAWA on is not a real wall anymore, but an illusionary wall, so you don't need the spells to reach Sceadu.
Feh. That shouldn't be there. Believe I mentioned it before, and I think it was an issue of getting invisible walls to work right. Might have fallen through the cracks.
- The loot tables of Malefia are weird, I'm getting mostly low level drops such as regular chain mails, long swords, etc. (Thus, I gave up trying to get that coveted Staff of the Gods.)
Dude, Chain Mail is totes OP.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Oldschool Roleplayer
Scholar

Post by Oldschool Roleplayer » May 20th, 2019, 1:38 pm

redwinclass wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 5:24 am
Shouldn't earth and stone creatures be immune to this class of attack? Just saying. Not sure how the originals did it

Fire creatures - immune from breath and burn attacks,
ice creatures etc. etc.
In BT3, some monsters were resistant (1/2 or 1/4 dmg) or weak (1.5--2X dmg) to certain attacks. I've noticed this hasn't been implemented in the Krome version.