The Bard's Tale Trilogy - Bugs or Not Bugs?

For all discussion on the original trilogy and humorous ARPG spin-off.
deSynq
Initiate
badge image for 3rz1is.png

Trading items among party (in legacy mode) on the Xbox One version doesn't work, it just toggles the mini-map.
phimseto
Adventurer
badge image for wl3badge.png

deSynq wrote: September 19th, 2019, 5:48 am Trading items among party (in legacy mode) on the Xbox One version doesn't work, it just toggles the mini-map.
Working on a fix right now.
Cam0_TaNK3rou3
Initiate

phimseto wrote: September 20th, 2019, 7:45 am
deSynq wrote: September 19th, 2019, 5:48 am Trading items among party (in legacy mode) on the Xbox One version doesn't work, it just toggles the mini-map.
Working on a fix right now.
Was about to make the same statement, which is odd because this is only a recent issue for me- trading was possible for me until I hit the 3rd floor of Harkyn's Castle.
Gizmo
Grandmaster
badge image for 5p2s6t.png
badge image for 3rz1is.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png

I have a Magician (wandering monster) that joined my party. The Magician has 16 slots for inventory. The magician cannot wear leather gloves—as both my PC magician and conjurer do. Is that a bug?
jkapp76
Initiate

Hi, I am playing the bt trilogy remastered (4.34)
I found one issue.

In Lucendia, I went into the town of celaria bree and spoke with the bard. He said I'd have to pay to hear the 3rd song.

He asked "who will pay?" yes or no

Seems odd
rmichael
Initiate

In bt3 4.34, stepping close to view the statue of Tarjan in Skara Brae, the open/close door sound is played. Not a "bug" I suppose, but it's odd/distracting.

Otherwise great so far! Thank you Krome!
Drool
Forum Moderator

jkapp76 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 10:20 amHe asked "who will pay?" yes or no
Goodness. That's an old bug that I thought was quashed.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
TimQ
Initiate

I understand this is an old bug, but presumably it has come back - in the Dark Domain, when I exit from the dungeon after having solved the pass riddle and going down to level 4, but before completing the quest, the hidden door to the area with the stairs to level 4 disappears when I return and it is impossible to get to level 4 again. As I understand it, it is the latest version - installed from steam about 2 weeks ago and set to update automatically.
Poobah
Initiate

fewerlaws wrote: August 14th, 2019, 1:53 pm The Wizard in Bard's Tale I with Legacy Options enabled is not able to wear the following items that they could wear in the original game.

Buckler
Leather Armor
Leather Glvs
Mthr Gloves
Dmnd Dagger
Lorehelm
Spectre Mace
Death Dagger
Spectre Snare

This makes the Wizard class less powerful, and less worth the amount of experience it takes to level one up, especially at higher levels. Please fix this by making the items equipable just like they were in the original game: http://bardstale.poverellomedia.com/the ... items.html
I just found this post... It's been almost a year and a half since it was first posted. Has this been addressed? I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I'm also playing with some Legacy options enabled? (Purchased game from Steam this month January 2021).

I'm a dismayed that I'm encountering a problem that has been known to exist for this long with no fix? Also, does the non-Legacy mode work in this regard?

Anyone? Thank you.
FrankWilke
Initiate

Hi there, when playing in legacy mode (but with saves outside of the AG) no bracers of any kind can be found, neither in BT I or II (haven't checked BT III). My chars are level 150+ now so there should have been a treasure chest containing bracers I believe...
I am enjoying the game very much but maybe someone can take a look at this?
Thank you!!
Drool
Forum Moderator

In BT1, treasure drops aren't tied to character level, they're tied to dungeon level. But yeah, there seems to be something weird going on.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
FrankWilke
Initiate

Hi and thanks for the reply - I just stated the character level to show that I explored many dungeons for quite some time :-) In all BT I and most of BT II (5 snares solved) no bracers could be found. But my mages would really like to have them, I believe...

Return to “The Bard's Tale Trilogy & ARPG”