Krome BTIV Prologue?

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

maxheadroom
Initiate

Krome BTIV Prologue?

Post by maxheadroom » May 18th, 2018, 9:50 am

So now that we have fresh talent looking at the remasters, what are the chances of getting them to knock up a short (15 or 20 minute) BT IV prologue adventure in their classic, original style engine?

If they could do that and release it say a week before BTIV's release it would ramp up the hype, add a little backstory and serve as a transition between the old and new styles.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: Krome BTIV Prologue?

Post by Gizmo » May 18th, 2018, 12:54 pm

It sounds neat... in theory, but the games are far too different IMO. A transition between them would be akin to modding a Fallout 2 side-quest that foreshadows the events of FO3. All that would come of it, is to see how it should have been done in the sequel.

I would prefer that they spend their time doing final 'check & polish' on the re-master until it's released.

**That's a superb avatar. 8-) 8-)

JasonJoel
Novice

Post by JasonJoel » May 19th, 2018, 6:15 am

Geez... Let's actually get the remasters done/moving before asking for new material... lol

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » May 20th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Feasibility aside (I don’t know a lot about game development), I think this is a great idea!