I can't figure out how to download the remastered versions

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Simmeon
Initiate

Re: I can't figure out how to download the remastered versions

Post by Simmeon » March 10th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Gizmo wrote:
March 6th, 2018, 10:15 pm
Simmeon wrote:
March 6th, 2018, 8:09 pm
I have to say, this is the worst analogy I've ever seen lol.
I can state it, but I cannot understand it for you. What I can see though, is that you seem to take analogies as some kind of an attempt at proof; or worse, as something to be disproved, and in so doing... believe that it somehow then disproves the original point. :lol: Analogies are to illustrate and clarify a similarity or meaning—not to prove a point. The analogies themselves are not meant as proof of anything, and it is meaningless to pick one apart. Extrapolating further tangents to an analogy—even plausible ones, does not always (or often?) further apply to the original argument; nor ever discredit it, as the subject was never the analogy itself, and the veracity of an analogy is moot... An analogy can be pure fantasy, and serve its purpose—so long as the implication, or significance is understood.
If a show is canceled due to any circumstance, it is almost ALWAYS rescheduled at no cost to the ticket buyer.
Irrelevant; but you should know that. The 'show' (as mentioned in the quote) was for free, and preventive circumstances can of course be permanent ones. IE. that the show might never be possible to repeat or reschedule —none of which is related to the BT Remastered editions, as far as we know. That is between these two companies, and we should only expect to read what they choose to release publicly.
Nobody knows if it's been canceled or not because Old Skullz or whatever their names are haven't communicated to anyone in over a year. Go ahead and send them a tweet, see what you get.
You do not know the answer to any of those questions.
You can't come back from that stupid shit you said man no matter how hard you try. You're an idiot.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » March 10th, 2018, 3:26 pm

Simmeon wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 12:00 pm
You can't come back from that stupid shit you said man no matter how hard you try.
Come back? Not at all. I stand behind any post that I've ever made (here and elsewhere)*, and will re-iterate the point(s) of each, for clarity sake, as much as needed. (You could ask me about player character alignments, I'd be glad to expound. :lol: )

*@Drool
Yes, you may take that as a friendly challenge, if you really want to. :mrgreen:
Simmeon wrote:
You're an idiot.
You are free to attempt a refute of anything that I say, but do it with argument; insults are impolite, and they never improve one's credibility.

_noblesse_oblige_
Adventurer

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » March 10th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Simmeon wrote:
You can't come back from that stupid shit you said man no matter how hard you try. You're an idiot.
Unsolicited Advice: I've found that ignoring Gizmo works best. He will always insist on having the last word, no matter what you say or no matter how tight of a corner he's argued himself into. This tendency is so bad that I've even seen the mods express irritation with him recently. He's either a very good troll or else a highly self-delusional person. If the mods don't have sufficient cause to shut him down, then we can still shut him down by not engaging with him.

Speaking of mods, it's probably only a matter of time before they see the tangent that this thread has gone off on and leave a friendly reminder to stay on topic. :)
cmibl<enter>

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » March 10th, 2018, 6:17 pm

_noblesse_oblige_ wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 5:03 pm
Speaking of mods, it's probably only a matter of time before they see the tangent that this thread has gone off on and leave a friendly reminder to stay on topic. :)
Yeah, that.

Also, let's ease back from the outright personal insults. I at least expect passive aggressive snideness.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

JasonJoel
Initiate

Post by JasonJoel » March 21st, 2018, 2:23 pm

I tweeted Old Skuul begging for a status update. Doubt I'll hear back, though, they don't seem.very active on Twitter.

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » March 24th, 2018, 5:24 am

Remastered are not finished, I wouldnt count on them until BT4 is released. But I also have the problem of no backer portal. I cannot even access the original trilogy to download...
inXile fanboy, Wasteland survivor
Follow me on twitch.tv and see me get owned or once in awhile have a good run!

Iiago
Acolyte

Post by Iiago » March 25th, 2018, 1:58 am

VitaminK wrote:
March 24th, 2018, 5:24 am
Remastered are not finished, I wouldnt count on them until BT4 is released. But I also have the problem of no backer portal. I cannot even access the original trilogy to download...
I can't find it either - I've asked on this forum, but I imagine InXile is a bit preoccupied with the Alpha atm. I found versions I downloaded ages ago though, if you like I can send them to you via dropbox or something.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » March 25th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Hey folks, if you're a backer of the game, this should help walk you through the process of getting access to the emulated BT1-3.

https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... V-rewards-

Iiago
Acolyte

Post by Iiago » March 25th, 2018, 5:19 pm

phimseto wrote:
March 25th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Hey folks, if you're a backer of the game, this should help walk you through the process of getting access to the emulated BT1-3.

Thanks, but the problem is that CrowdOx doesn't supply any links that allow you to download it. It lists it as a reward, and it also provides the keys for Ultima Underworld 1 + 2, but nothing on the emulated BT 1 - 3.

Simmeon
Initiate

Post by Simmeon » March 26th, 2018, 7:26 pm

_noblesse_oblige_ wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 5:03 pm
Simmeon wrote:
Unsolicited Advice: I've found that ignoring Gizmo works best. He will always insist on having the last word, no matter what you say or no matter how tight of a corner he's argued himself into. This tendency is so bad that I've even seen the mods express irritation with him recently. He's either a very good troll or else a highly self-delusional person. If the mods don't have sufficient cause to shut him down, then we can still shut him down by not engaging with him.

Thanks for the tip

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » April 2nd, 2018, 9:01 am

phimseto wrote:
March 25th, 2018, 3:57 pm

I have gotten this response from support, I don't even think they know although it's posted in at least five threads in the forums by multiple backers that the site doesn't work. I'm starting to get a little frustrated as I've been trying to access these for several weeks now.
inXile fanboy, Wasteland survivor
Follow me on twitch.tv and see me get owned or once in awhile have a good run!

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » April 2nd, 2018, 1:52 pm

Private message me the email address you have for crowdox. I've been looking at a few digital fulfillment emails, and I'm seeing the emulated zip links on there and accessing them without any issue. Not sure why this is happening to you, but if I can get into your specific account, I can see what's up.