Help, BT1 Minor issue on the Android platform.

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Tank0037
Initiate

Help, BT1 Minor issue on the Android platform.

Post by Tank0037 » June 18th, 2017, 11:17 am

I have been playing bt1 on my LG v20 with Android for a few weeks now "building up" my characters. I got them to where I am confident for some forays in the cellars, been drinking ginger ale for a while, however, when I ordered the wine and went to collect a bottle from downstairs, all of the doors appear to be locked. Every door in every dungeon acts like a wall. Apprehensive, I took my crew to the temples of the mad god, hoping that it was just a glitch in the cellars. Unfortunately, in the catacombs, each and every door had the same effect. Has this issue happened to anyone else and does anyone know of a remedy. I have not gotten phase door or any teleportation spells yet, but I am afraid that my journey back in time for $2.99 has been hampered immensely.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Help, BT1 Minor issue on the Android platform.

Post by Drool » June 18th, 2017, 1:47 pm

That... huh. That's a weird ass bug. If you don't see a reply here in a couple days, I would go direct to inXile via https://inxile-entertainment.com/support
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

_noblesse_oblige_
Explorer

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » June 18th, 2017, 4:23 pm

I assume you tried using 'K' to kick the door?
cmibl<enter>

Tank0037
Initiate

Post by Tank0037 » June 18th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Noooo, to the k, did we do that back in '85? Darn, it sucks getting old. I will try now, thanks.

Tank0037
Initiate

Post by Tank0037 » June 19th, 2017, 6:20 am

Sheepishly admitting that I forgot the kick command for doors... Thanks _noblesse_oblige_
Any other tricks for the Android versions of the classics y'all?

ZZGO
Acolyte

Post by ZZGO » June 19th, 2017, 6:26 am

I wouldn't have thought of that either. All versions I recall including the Beta Remastered Ed. allowed you to enter through (or kick down) a door simply by moving forward.