Bard's Tale remasters update from Olde Sküül

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

phimseto
Developer

Re: Bard's Tale remasters update from Olde Sküül

Post by phimseto » March 27th, 2018, 10:19 am

Bladesinger wrote:
March 27th, 2018, 4:45 am
Sounds like you are trying your best to get the remasters for us but encountering difficulties? Good luck, and at the end of the day dont sweat the little stuff. ;)
That is a good way of putting it. Believe me, as soon as we can offer an update on where it's at, we will.

Lordrefa
Initiate

Post by Lordrefa » April 21st, 2018, 7:28 am

Greetings. Just checking if there are any updates to the re-master’s. I’m very interested in playing through the original 3 before I play BT 4.

Dcdoc45
Novice

Post by Dcdoc45 » April 21st, 2018, 6:29 pm

"Constrained" sounds a little legalize for we can't talk due to an ongoing court case.
and to add my 2 cents, I don't care for the direction of the new BT game, the combat system looks way too cumbersome, The only reason I backed this game was the promise of the remastered originals. If I could get a refund I would in a heart beat.

_noblesse_oblige_
Master

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » April 21st, 2018, 7:37 pm

A number of us in this forum have been very displeased with the development of the so-called "Bard's Tale IV" game. inXile says that they are now collecting our feedback for the dev team, so you could add your voice to that as yet another disillusioned fan. Don't know if it will change much, given how thoroughly they have ruined the series with the new game, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, it is funny how many people have stated that the only reason they backed the project was for remasters of the originals. While I certainly want to see a decent set of remasters for others to enjoy, I actually did back in the hopes that they could be guided into making a worthy successor for the originals. But, either way, I agree with you about the refund.
cmibl<enter>

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » April 21st, 2018, 9:54 pm

It is the case that I bought the 2004 Bard's Tale spin off... solely for the official BT1-3 installers; (which I still have from the CD 8-) ).