Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers
- Posts: 887
- Joined: April 18th, 2012, 7:01 am
As fans ourselves, we want these remasters to be great updates to the classic games and we wish Olde Sküül the best in their efforts. But of course, in addition to the BT Remastered bonus that Becky and Olde Sküül continue to work on, we've already provided backers with the promised emulated versions of the classic games (complete with .pdfs of the original manuals). Though many of you have already downloaded them, they're currently down on account of our backer site moving over to CrowdOx. However, they will be available again soon for everyone once the move to CrowdOx has been completed!
- Posts: 12
- Joined: November 20th, 2015, 6:47 pm
- The mapping feature is looks great.
- My only gripe is how the low res images are rendered with a basic blur filter. It hurts my eyes. I prefer either no blur filter or a smart filter like xBRZ (or similar) algorithm. See here for sample https://unindented.org/articles/pixel-a ... on-part-2/
- Posts: 13
- Joined: December 2nd, 2015, 1:54 pm
This is great new, I just so the video on Youtube, So GREAT!
It is going to be fantastic to make a Let´s Play on all the 3 remastered Bards tale. And not use Amiga sound and PC game.
The other great thing is they are using the "old" persons that did the games and now also the person that did the music the first place.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: April 16th, 2012, 6:28 pm
Will the remaster engine share the IIGS's limitation, or will it work like it did on the other original platforms?
- Silver Griffin
- Posts: 2
- Joined: November 20th, 2015, 3:39 am
Just a few questions:
1) I understand that at one point a save game function was going to be included for all 3 games so you didn't have to go back to the adventures guild. Is that still true?
2) Will there be a symbol like the shield (to show you were protected) or the fire (to show you had light) to show when a bard song is on? (I can't always play with the sound on.) If that isn't currently planned, would it be possible to add it?
3) Will you be able to port your characters over from your current game/emulator to the new one or will you have to start from scratch with the upgraded version?
Thanks for your time.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: June 17th, 2017, 4:28 am
- Posts: 231
- Joined: July 1st, 2015, 11:51 am
I wish them the best and look forward to seeing something much advanced over the last beta in the near future. Not really interested in anything except the remaster itself, though. Updates that aren't updates but are just rehashes are less than inspiring.
OK, I didn't mean to come off so negatively! Just can't think of much else to say at this point. A modern remake of these games could put a company like Olde Skuul on the map, they could write their ticket--but only if they get it done and do a good job of it! Hope to see evidence of that soon! If I can leave with a constructive comment.......there's no need or call for trying to interweave all three games into one big game--that target increases the complexity of the project exponentially! It's not necessary for simply remastering these games! I'd advise dropping that goal, and simply getting back to remastering each game individually, so that the player could play them *as they were created* but with remastered elements of graphics and sound. I know that Becky liked the AppleGS, so that's what she should be thinking of, imo--graphics and sound updates, primarily.
Aorus Master x570
Corsair HX-850 PSU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM 32GB 4x8GB, Patriot @ 3733Mhz
Boot: Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe4
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 250GB PCIe3
2x 1TB WD Blue 7200 rpm
- Posts: 155
- Joined: October 4th, 2016, 1:33 am
In any case, I'm certainly glad, happy and excited that the Remasters project isn't dead.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: October 13th, 2015, 7:19 pm
- Posts: 1
- Joined: June 18th, 2017, 7:47 am
- Posts: 1193
- Joined: July 13th, 2015, 7:18 pm
Note to inXile: In the past couple of years that I've been on this forum, I've seen numerous posts like the one above. Might be worth considering that much of the crowd-funding you received may not be a mandate for the game you're making, but for the one you already made as Interplay back in the 80's. This could be taken as a hint to make BT4 more like the originals, modern sensibilities be damned. (For whatever modern means.)The only reason I backed this game was for The Bard's Tale remastered games but hopefully Bards Tale IV will be ok.