The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Post Reply
maxheadroom
Initiate
Posts: 7
Joined: May 20th, 2015, 10:15 pm

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by maxheadroom » February 8th, 2017, 2:27 pm

Magican wrote:I actually only backed Bards Tale IV because of the Remastered Bards Tale I+II+III
Maybe Bards Tale IV is going to be great, But I am in for the old ones with the hard to save only one place the atmosphere, the areas and the memories.
ditto. First time ive checked to see whats happening in over 6 months and cant believe theres been no progress at all

MickOz
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: January 29th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by MickOz » February 10th, 2017, 9:25 pm


User avatar
DNACowboy
Initiate
Posts: 21
Joined: October 31st, 2013, 6:51 am

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by DNACowboy » February 11th, 2017, 5:56 am

Hello everyone,

I was a very early backer ( Premier Collector's Edition) unfortunately, I cannot see 'Beta 2.00' listed in my rewards section, only the 'emulated DOS trilogy'. I was really looking forward to the remastered version of BT as I purchased an Apple just to play BT when it first came out and that was a serious investment for a college student at that time believe me!

With this in mind, may I ask; is my backer-level too low to pick up the remastered version?

warm regards from snowy Olde England
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his Gods
?”

User avatar
Grohal
Adventurer
Posts: 857
Joined: April 26th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by Grohal » February 11th, 2017, 6:19 am

DNACowboy wrote:Hello everyone,

I was a very early backer ( Premier Collector's Edition) unfortunately, I cannot see 'Beta 2.00' listed in my rewards section, only the 'emulated DOS trilogy'. I was really looking forward to the remastered version of BT as I purchased an Apple just to play BT when it first came out and that was a serious investment for a college student at that time believe me!

With this in mind, may I ask; is my backer-level too low to pick up the remastered version?

warm regards from snowy Olde England
There was a news about it today:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17109
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

User avatar
DNACowboy
Initiate
Posts: 21
Joined: October 31st, 2013, 6:51 am

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by DNACowboy » February 11th, 2017, 10:59 am

Grohal wrote:
DNACowboy wrote:Hello everyone,

I was a very early backer ( Premier Collector's Edition) unfortunately, I cannot see 'Beta 2.00' listed in my rewards section, only the 'emulated DOS trilogy'. I was really looking forward to the remastered version of BT as I purchased an Apple just to play BT when it first came out and that was a serious investment for a college student at that time believe me!

With this in mind, may I ask; is my backer-level too low to pick up the remastered version?

warm regards from snowy Olde England
There was a news about it today:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17109
Thanks, talk about bad timing! I only discovered there was a BT Remastered beta yesterday. :?
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his Gods
?”

ZZGO
Acolyte
Posts: 63
Joined: October 4th, 2016, 1:33 am

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by ZZGO » February 15th, 2017, 6:28 am

Rebecca Heineman has gone on record saying she'll finish the remastered edition. See pinned thread.

cparker94
Novice
Posts: 38
Joined: July 11th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by cparker94 » February 18th, 2017, 6:47 am

ZZGO wrote:Rebecca Heineman has gone on record saying she'll finish the remastered edition. See pinned thread.
She also told me originally that the remasters would finished October 2015.

Craig from Texas

astrobryguy
Initiate
Posts: 3
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 10:31 am

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by astrobryguy » February 25th, 2017, 1:27 pm

cparker94 wrote:
ZZGO wrote:Rebecca Heineman has gone on record saying she'll finish the remastered edition. See pinned thread.
She also told me originally that the remasters would finished October 2015.

Craig from Texas
And when inXile announced Tides of Numenera, the release date was December 2014. It's finally getting released next week, 26 months late. Release dates slip.

User avatar
Crosmando
Supreme Jerk
Posts: 5002
Joined: January 3rd, 2013, 8:48 am

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by Crosmando » June 4th, 2017, 10:59 am

Can't be bothered reading through all this. Could someone tell me if Old Skull have said (when they were actually communicating) if they intended to add some form of tooltips for spells and attributes?
Matthias did nothing wrong!

User avatar
Drool
Forum Moderator
Posts: 8751
Joined: March 17th, 2012, 9:58 pm
Location: Under Tenebrosia, doing shots with Sceadu.

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by Drool » June 4th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Crosmando wrote:
June 4th, 2017, 10:59 am
Can't be bothered reading through all this. Could someone tell me if Old Skull have said (when they were actually communicating) if they intended to add some form of tooltips for spells and attributes?
I don't remember them saying anything about this.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

User avatar
Crosmando
Supreme Jerk
Posts: 5002
Joined: January 3rd, 2013, 8:48 am

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by Crosmando » June 5th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Would be cool, at least then you wouldn't have to constantly reference the manual for spell codes etc.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Magican
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: December 2nd, 2015, 1:54 pm

Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered - Beta 2.00 Released

Post by Magican » June 16th, 2017, 2:19 pm

The Remastered will be done! See:

viewtopic.php?f=44&p=188110#p188110

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest