Who is ready for Bard's Tale Remastered???

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

cparker94
Novice

Who is ready for Bard's Tale Remastered???

Post by cparker94 » October 10th, 2015, 4:45 pm

I am! I haven't played the originals since the 1980's and earlier this year I made the switch from PC to iMac. I thought about trying to find some emulator to play Bard's Tale on my iMac but thought I would just wait for Burgerbecky to release the Remastered versions. However, I am finding it difficult to wait! She originally said she thought they would be ready this month. Last I heard, she said she was pretty certain that it will be delayed until all three games are done. I think she is finished with Bard's Tale I and she told me that the others are not far behind. If anyone else hears anything else or has any news about this, please post it here. And if you are reading this, Burgerbecky, you should provide updates here too! :)

Craig from Texas

SpiderJack
Initiate

Re: Who is ready for Bard's Tale Remastered???

Post by SpiderJack » October 15th, 2015, 7:47 pm

I'm so excited about the remastered versions, I can't wait. I'm playing the emulated versions now just to figure out my strategies for the remastered versions.

Iiago
Acolyte

Post by Iiago » October 18th, 2015, 5:40 pm

Me too - so psyched. I can't believe it's still fun after all these years.

Keep us updated Burgerbecky!

BCPalmer
Initiate

Post by BCPalmer » October 19th, 2015, 11:40 pm

Yep! Really looking forward to these. Back in the 80's I played the first one on my Amiga and never got around to the others. Now I'll get to play and enjoy them before IV comes out! Should be very sweet indeed!

cparker94
Novice

Post by cparker94 » October 24th, 2015, 1:19 pm

I just heard that Becky and Old Skuul are making great progress on remastering these! Don't know what exactly that means timeframe-wise but I am sooooo looking forward to playing the trilogy all over again!

If anyone could provide more updates, I would appreciate it!

Craig from Texas

cparker94
Novice

Post by cparker94 » October 28th, 2015, 9:44 am

I heard from BurgerBecky about the release date for Bards Tale Remastered!!! When I asked her if it was a week away, a month, or next year, she answered me with these three words:

"Pretty darn soon"!

Not sure exactly what that means but I can't wait!!

Craig from Texas

SpiderJack
Initiate

Post by SpiderJack » October 28th, 2015, 9:49 am

That makes me so damn happy! I started playing the emulated versions but that was just too pass the time until the remastered versions were ready. Woot!

cparker94
Novice

Post by cparker94 » October 28th, 2015, 12:15 pm

I thought about playing the emulated versions but it sounded like that the remastered versions were going to be ready soon so I've been holding off. But now I've got the BT fever and can't wait!

Craig from Texas

Xayth
Initiate

Post by Xayth » October 28th, 2015, 12:44 pm

I might be more excited about the re-issues than I am the new release.

SpiderJack
Initiate

Post by SpiderJack » October 28th, 2015, 1:30 pm

I'm excited about it all. :lol: I want to see where they go with BT4 and see the evolution of the game. To me that's the best part of sequels.

cparker94
Novice

Post by cparker94 » October 28th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Me too. I'd like for BT 4 to be somewhat similar to the trilogy but with better graphics and more places to explore, more monsters to kill, and more loot and puzzles to find. We know the graphics will better but because the game will be so graphic intensive, I just don't think the game will be capable of having a bigger area to explore than the originals. It would be cool to have like ten dungeons with several levels each, but I don't think that's realistic.

Craig from Texas

SpiderJack
Initiate

Post by SpiderJack » October 28th, 2015, 3:19 pm

It may not be realistic but if you're gonna dream than dream big. :D

cparker94
Novice

Post by cparker94 » November 4th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Ok, I'm thinking about starting the emulated versions this weekend. I was hopeful that the remastered versions would be out by now but I just can't wait that much longer!!

Craig from Texas

tarasis
Initiate

Post by tarasis » November 7th, 2015, 10:25 am

Very much, I keep checking :)

cparker94
Novice

Post by cparker94 » November 7th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Me too! I keep checking like several times a day. I'm at the point where I might just go ahead and play the emulated versions but I'm still holding out hope that it COULD be any day now. I asked Becky back in September if she thought the Remastered versions would be available in September, October, by the end of this year, or next year. She then said that she would guess October. So, here we are in November and my thoughts are that they really could be ready any day! I sure wish we could get an update even though I've been told that isn't inExile's style. Still don't understand why they would want to risk alienating their followers instead of engaging them. I'm not asking for much -- simply a couple of sentences once a month would do!

Craig from Texas

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » November 8th, 2015, 10:49 am

Just to follow up: we're looking forward to seeing the Remastered Trilogy just as much as you guys. This is something Becky is working on over at Olde Sküül; we aren't pressuring her to rush or bugging her for progress updates.

Last I heard, things would be "hopefully soon". In the meantime, the Emulated version available to play; if only as a refresher and to see the changes between it and the Remastered version.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

cparker94
Novice

Post by cparker94 » November 8th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Thank you for acknowledging this topic! Do we know if characters can be transferred from emulated version to remastered version? I was thinking of playing the emulated versions and building up my characters a bit before playing the remastered ones.

Craig from Texas

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » November 9th, 2015, 11:45 am

I remember some early discussion about it; but I don't know where the feature stands at the moment. The important thing for us was: that people are able to transfer characters between games of the same version, which was something people struggled with in the prior versions.

(The team does read the forums, we just don't reply very often.)
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

tomimt
Acolyte

Post by tomimt » November 20th, 2015, 11:59 am

I'm hoping the enchantments made for them will help me actually play the games. I tried the original versions and while I wanted to enjoy them, I really couldn't bring myself to it, as I really do hate mapping myself. So I do have hopes that the new automap feature will help me really get into them.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 20th, 2015, 12:08 pm

All I've seen is a single screenshot, so can't tell for sure, but the mapping looks pretty basic. Just enough to show you layout and where you've been, but not enough to show spinners, sticky, or other traps.
Alwa nasci korliri das.