BT on Android, app often resets with task switch?

For all discussion on the original trilogy and humorous ARPG spin-off.
Nrjank
Initiate
badge image for wl3badge.png

Just picked up BT for Android, along with the emulated BT1-3. They did a nice job with the Apple 2 emulator for BT1 (haven't looked at 2-3 yet). Seems to be a modified version of KEGS playing inside their app.

I noticed with the App that many times when I switch away, the app resets back to the title screen. I noticed this the most when I was inside the BT1 emulator, and tapped the link they added to take you to the map or manual online. sometimes hitting the back button takes you right back where you were, but other times the game resets back to the main BT (not BT1) title screen. I noticed this while downloading the HD content as well. switching away, the app reset and you had to start the download over again.

just my phone? something with the app? I did a support request, but wondered if anyone else experienced the same thing.
Nrjank
Initiate

just to post an answer, it seems to just be a memory issue with my cheap phone. isn't just BT. Android's trying to be frugal and suspends things in the background.
Birch
Initiate

Nrjank wrote: July 6th, 2015, 11:03 am Just picked up BT for Android, along with the emulated BT1-3. They did a nice job with the Apple 2 emulator for BT1 (haven't looked at 2-3 yet). Seems to Whatsapp Plus Apk be a modified version of KEGS playing inside their app.

I noticed with the App that many times when I switch away, the app resets back to the title screen. I noticed this the most when I was inside the BT1 emulator, and tapped the link they added to take you to the map or manual online. sometimes hitting the back button takes you right back where you were, but other times the game resets back to the main BT (not BT1) title screen. I noticed this while downloading the HD content as well. switching away, the app reset and you had to start the download over again.

just my phone? something with the app? I did a support request, but wondered if anyone else experienced the same thing.
What if Bluetooth was already on before you started the app (e.g. you were using a Bluetooth headset)? If you want it to remain on after (retain initial condition), don't use an exit task, and keep Restore Settings at its default value of ticked. If you want it forced off regardless of initial condition, use an exit task.
kirito
Initiate

Nrjank wrote: September 3rd, 2015, 8:32 am just to post an answer, it seems to just be a memory issue with my cheap phone. isn't just BT. Android's trying to be frugal and suspends things in the background.kinemaster mods
Hiii Nrjank...are u using some kind of cleaner app? or power saving mode or app? bcoz these types of apps closed the background running apps....waiting for your answer.
regards, Kirito
Nrjank
Initiate

6 years ago when this was an issue it was on my an old zte phone without much memory. No app cleaner.
kirito
Initiate

it is not necessary that it only caused by some cleaner apps. in the mobile phones of 5/6 years ago had so many limitations. like some stopped the apps running in the background due to low-end processor, memory or battery saver. there's very small chances that we face those kind of problems in todays mobiles. kinemaster mods
Nrjank
Initiate

Actually. With so many other apps growing in bloat and resource requirements its not uncommon for lower/mid range phones to still turn off background app.
Akusta
Initiate

Maybe it is a RESTORE SETTINGS ISSUE

Certain Tasker Actions will revert to their previous setting on their own when a Profile Exits, without you specifically telling Tasker to do so. This is known as "Restore Settings" (and is always enabled by default when creating a new Profile unfortunately).
To know which Actions in a Task will revert on their own, they will have a little 'cog wheel' icon on the right. (If you can't see these Icons - make sure you have icons enabled in the Task Edit window by selecting Icons from the 3-dot menu).

TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING and fix the issue - Go into the Profile's Properties (long click on the Profile Name in the Profiles Tab to highlight it,then click little slider icon at top) and scroll down to "Restore Settings".
Make sure to UN-Check this box if "Restore Settings" is indeed on the list. This gives you and your Profile Enter/Exit Tasks complete control over all settings adjusted in the linked Tasks. If you can't see "Restore Settings" anywhere - make sure you're not still in Tasker's "Beginner Mode" by looking under Menu > Preferences > UI.

Return to “The Bard's Tale Trilogy & ARPG”