Resnarkled update

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

SekiTimewalker
Initiate

Resnarkled update

Post by SekiTimewalker » July 27th, 2018, 8:24 pm

The PS4 version of the game is in need of a serious update. It's been nearly a year, with no fix to the laggy water, the 4 broken trophies, and the game breaking glitches. Is there any ETA, or has this game just been up and forgotten?

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: Resnarkled update

Post by Gizmo » June 8th, 2019, 7:22 pm

I was playing the PC version of this today... and I can't tell what (if anything?) was changed. What was resnarkled with this new version—that improves upon the [original CD & GoG] versions that I already had?

Three things that I noticed were that the cutscenes appear to be untouched, the textures seem awfully low rez for a re-release; and the game plays slooow—so slow that the the Bard looks like he's aping the Bionic man [cue sound effect], and that the video of the in-game cutscenes lags far behind the audio.
(The drunks all jump and shout, "Hey" a full second after it's been sung in the song.)

There are no video settings in the options, and no entries at all in the InXile registry key for the game.

ZiN
Adventurer

Post by ZiN » June 12th, 2019, 3:27 am

Gizmo wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 7:22 pm
I was playing the PC version of this today...
Did you manage to get the controller working properly, or just played with keyboard+mouse? Last time I checked controller support was awful, not to mention getting stuck all the time.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 12th, 2019, 11:32 am

I don't own a controller... Having never owned a console, I never became comfortable using them. The problems I have with the game make it moot anyway. The bard swings a punch in super slow motion, and the audio is seconds out of sync.