Can someone who has access tell me how the BT remastered is going?

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Can someone who has access tell me how the BT remastered is going?

Post by Crosmando » September 17th, 2017, 5:33 am

I chose not to participate in the BT1-3 remastered beta thingy. Can someone who has access to that sub-forum tell me how it's going, is it likely to be released soon?
Matthias did nothing wrong!

ZZGO
Acolyte

Re: Can someone who has access tell me how the BT remastered is going?

Post by ZZGO » September 20th, 2017, 11:44 pm

Rebecca Heineman insists that it will be finished, but at the same time the project seems to be very much on the backburner.

My personal impression is that the integration of the three games is much more difficult than it appeared at first, as the "game rules" are different (ranged combat after part 2, same spell has different levels in different games, some spells and items don't carry over at all, different bard songs, "use" order in part 3, canteens, harmonic gems, etc.). Smoothing these things out or over, I imagine, may cause a headache or two in the single OS approach she's taking.

ZiN
Explorer

Post by ZiN » September 21st, 2017, 1:42 am

No news on this project currently, as far as i know, it's all about BT2004 and Mage's Tale.

Last news from 2017.06.15. (Notice how that video is "unlisted" and "comments and ratings are disabled", rather curious isn't it?)
The game is getting close to being done, we are back to work on the project and we hope to have it done in a few months. We will be giving some updates and sending them off to InXile for forwarding off to the backers.
We hope to also be putting posts up on our website and our Twitter feed with some screenshots and of course some of you backers who already received a copy of the game will be getting new updates as the game progresses.

Hopefully at least, this project won't be "held hostage", due to some shifty contract agreement, or grudges, between companies, or persons.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 29th, 2017, 5:31 pm

ZiN wrote:
September 21st, 2017, 1:42 am
Hopefully at least, this project won't be "held hostage", due to some shifty contract agreement, or grudges, between companies, or persons.

*However... He says that didn't happen.