The Bard Plays On: The Bard's Tale (2004) & iOS 11 update

For all discussion on all the previous Bard's Tale games: the classic 1980s games (Bard's Tale, II: Destiny Knight, & III: Thief of Fate) & the humorous Bard's Tale (2004) spin off.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

phimseto
Developer

The Bard Plays On: The Bard's Tale (2004) & iOS 11 update

Post by phimseto » May 2nd, 2017, 1:04 pm

For our mobile players, some good news! Many of you have asked if we are planning on upgrading our 2004 title The Bard's Tale so that it will still be playable after the upcoming iOS update. The answer is "Yes! This is something that we are working on." We do not have a definitive time frame for the update, but whether in 32-bit or 64-bit, the Bard will still be playing.

tarasis
Initiate

Re: The Bard Plays On: The Bard's Tale (2004) & iOS 11 update

Post by tarasis » June 19th, 2017, 8:25 am

Good to know, thank you for updating it and not just abandoning it!

gduranon
Initiate

Post by gduranon » July 16th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Please keep us updated!!! Great news!

Lanatir
Scholar

Post by Lanatir » September 14th, 2017, 12:45 am

Is it ok to say that this very game was the greatest disappointment in my 46 years as a gamer? When i heard there would be a new Bards Tale, which was the love of my gaming life, and then THIS game came up...even after all these years im still very very angry about it.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 14th, 2017, 2:08 am

Lanatir wrote:
September 14th, 2017, 12:45 am
Is it ok to say that this very game was the greatest disappointment in my 46 years as a gamer? When i heard there would be a new Bards Tale, which was the love of my gaming life, and then THIS game came up...even after all these years im still very very angry about it.
I bought (the CD version) of this game not long after it came out. I bought it because it included full BT 1-3 installers (I considered the main product a free gift). InXile (as I understand it), was only able to secure the rights to the Bard's Tale name; not anything else... So it could only ever have been a spin-off, as the rest was off limits to them. It has its own charm, but it's no Bard's Tale sequel; (of course that was never an option).

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 14th, 2017, 6:09 am

And I don't think anyone actually believes it's anything like a faithful followup to the classics. Most everywhere I see it's recognized as a 'spin-off', and a thing one at that. A fun game in and of itself, but overtly not BT.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0