Movement

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Ginevra
Initiate

Movement

Post by Ginevra » October 7th, 2018, 5:27 pm

I have BT4 (obviously) and the game loads fine and all . . .but. . . .I can only go forward, backward and left and right. Cannot turn for ANY reason. Am I missing something or is this a bug? Trying to navigate the marketplace backward is gawdawful. Help, please? Any legit responses are welcome.

syntaxhorror
Novice

Re: Movement

Post by syntaxhorror » October 8th, 2018, 6:17 am

Do you have a bog-standard mouse, or some esoteric device? Because that's how you're supposed to turn, and I assume your mouse works fine elsewhere else I don't see how you managed to run the game :p

Spectralshade
Scholar

Post by Spectralshade » October 8th, 2018, 9:53 am

did you try using the mouse to 'look around' with?

iamjustfine
Initiate

Post by iamjustfine » October 8th, 2018, 11:26 am

:-D

Ginevra
Initiate

Post by Ginevra » October 8th, 2018, 3:43 pm

I have a Logitech Trackman mouse. It's nothing super special nor out of the ordinary. I have tried to use mouse look. The wheel does exactly what it's supposed to outside the game . . . just not in it. I've tried everything I can possibly think of to rectify the issue and have had no luck at all.

Spectralshade
Scholar

Post by Spectralshade » October 8th, 2018, 4:01 pm

sounds weird, cause the mouse is what you use to 'turn' in the game. At least until legacy mode is released, where I asume there will be a key available for 'turn right' and 'turn left'.

syntaxhorror
Novice

Post by syntaxhorror » October 8th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Ginevra wrote: ↑
October 8th, 2018, 3:43 pm
I have a Logitech Trackman mouse. It's nothing super special nor out of the ordinary. I have tried to use mouse look. The wheel does exactly what it's supposed to outside the game . . . just not in it. I've tried everything I can possibly think of to rectify the issue and have had no luck at all.
That's a trackball mouse, isn't it? Something like this maybe: https://www.amazon.fr/Logitech-Trackman ... B001DQY9AW

I'm not familiar with how these work so I can't really help, but obviously something in the game engine doesn't like them. If I were you I'd open a ticket with inxile support letting them know your hardware problems (I don't think they've tested the game with a trackball device so they probably don't know there's an issue).

In the meantime if you have a spare "regular" mouse and can use it the game should work.