[BUG] Infinite Loop in Enemy turn in Mangar's Horde fight

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

DanielCoffey
Acolyte

[BUG] Infinite Loop in Enemy turn in Mangar's Horde fight

Post by DanielCoffey » October 1st, 2018, 8:40 am

[BUG] It is possible for Enemy to get stuck in an infinite loop at the start of their turn in the Mangar's Horde fight.

VERSION : 4.18.3-102451

PLATFORM : Steam, Win10

When I was in the Mangar's Horde fight against the eight waves of skeletons, the fight got stuck at the beginning of the enemy turn on Wave 8 of 8. I had completed my turn and the two remaining skeletons were standing on caltrops and also in the fire from the Fire Horn.

I had Ended my turn and was waiting for the enemy turn. I would have expected them to possibly trigger the caltrops, perform their shooting then die from fire damage before the impending respawn thus ending the entire fight.

Instead, the combat switched to the Enemy Turn and hung. The game did not freeze but the Enemy seemed to be stuck in an infinite loop and never performed any actions. I waited five minutes. The party and enemy were performing idle animations and the music was playing but they didn't move or shoot.

My only option was to surrender the fight and try again. The second time through, the exact same thing happened at the end of Wave 3. There were two skeletons left, I was expecting fire or caltrops to kill them and again they stuck still. They were in different grid squares this time.

I would consider this a critical bug as it completely prevents access to Mangar's Snare.

You can see the party from the picture. I had both bards with tankard trinkets, Dalgliesh with Healing Potions, Crux and Leosliach with Faerie Bombs and Wringneck with caltrops. My tactic in this fight was to move Wringneck up, throw caltrops, attack and retreat, place fire from the Fire horn then use occasional Faerie Bombs to make sure back row skeletons were removed at the end of their turn. I had no Practitioner or Rogue AOE. Only Bard songs used were Sanctuary Score and Duotime. Leosliach did use her sweeping strike where appropriate.

(LARGE IMAGE FOR DETAIL - 550Kb) http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/bardstale/Horde.jpg

Last edited by DanielCoffey on October 1st, 2018, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZiN
Adventurer

Re: [BUG] Infinite Loop in Enemy turn in Mangar's Horde fight

Post by ZiN » October 1st, 2018, 9:12 am

DanielCoffey wrote: ↑
October 1st, 2018, 8:40 am
(LARGE IMAGE FOR DETAIL - 550Kb)
Naah, under 100MB they don't even notice it @ InXile! :lol:

DanielCoffey
Acolyte

Re: [BUG] Infinite Loop in Enemy turn in Mangar's Horde fight

Post by DanielCoffey » October 1st, 2018, 9:49 am