Backer Quotes....

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Backer Quotes....

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 30th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Has anybody bothered to sit through all of these or find them? If you don't you can speed scroll through them until you find your alphabetical letter and find yours there. I have enjoyed reading a lot of them, but haven't ben able to stay tuned for the whole lot. I found mine, and might have said something better if anybody told me I should.

DNACowboy
Scholar

Re: Backer Quotes....

Post by DNACowboy » October 1st, 2018, 12:06 am

How do you speed through them?
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » October 1st, 2018, 12:33 am

Try the spacebar.

Themadcow
Explorer

Post by Themadcow » October 1st, 2018, 1:43 am

Didn't realise you could speed through with the spacebar. I was quite pleased with mine but it's near the bottom due to the alphabetical order: "I got 4 groups of 99 problems, but my bard ain't one".
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » October 1st, 2018, 8:03 am

Mine was "I know more than half of you half as well as you should hate; and hate less than all of you twice as well as I deserve...."

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » October 1st, 2018, 10:30 am

I was wondering about that too. I swear I tried space, but maybe not. I really think they improve that a bit. Show a label for 'space' to skip through. If someone doesn't know, they aren't likely going to sit and wait for the end. The only people likely to do so are those people, so it feels kind of short-changing the people at the end of the list for visibility. Especially with quotes they obviously intended people to see :P
Maybe add a search box for a quick filter since there's so many. Or a scroll bar... something.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Zadkiel
Explorer

Post by Zadkiel » October 1st, 2018, 11:50 am

well, I figured out space pretty quick, but it still look an unglodly amount of time to scroll through to 'S' (my real name) even holding space down. There's a lot of quotes in there - I feel sorry for the person or people that had to code it all in - even if the collection of the text was automated, there is still a hell of a lot of checking, editing, formatting etc to do.

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » October 1st, 2018, 5:38 pm

I found it was the Spacebar by accident and Kudos to the people that took time to write it all down.