Analysis of Steam activity for BT4

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Re: Analysis of Steam activity for BT4

Post by thebruce » January 31st, 2019, 1:25 pm

I truly hope at some point there is a move forward to create a construction set remaster for the engine Krome's created. And imagine the potential if say they allowed resale of completed CS games with perhaps some level of royalty on sales? They could still create additional sequels or expansions, and this style of game would be available for people to create their own stories, experiences and games (even if they're not AAA mainstream $60 titles)
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Wintermute_of_Cof
Novice

Post by Wintermute_of_Cof » February 1st, 2019, 4:07 am

Themadcow wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 6:09 am
If someone had said to me "would you pay over $100 if you could get a great remaster of BT1-3?" I'd have said yes, so can't complain too much.
Four months after release of BT4 the game has been on sale twice and still no Linux version. Still no Linux version of the remasters. I feel that I would be well within my rights to complain if I had the energy to.

_noblesse_oblige_
Master

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » February 2nd, 2019, 9:41 pm

The remasters are still under development. Might not be another few weeks before they can handle "post-production issues", such as porting to other platforms. I definitely hope they make it onto Linux, as it's my preferred platform, and just because the remasters are really nice and deserve a wide distribution. Barrows Deep, otoh, has been in post-production since last September. And, I don't really care if that game makes it onto Linux or not.

I would definitely give Krome a chance with the remasters, though; they're a small shop and are probably focusing on one platform for now to limit the amount of QA they have to do each release cycle.
cmibl<enter>

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » February 3rd, 2019, 6:45 am

I believe Krome stated that they would start the Linux port only after the BT3 release.

It also seems BT3 is taking longer than they expected.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » February 3rd, 2019, 9:41 am

I really wish they could manage to include a BTCS map editor... even as a paid DLC.

Perhaps as a minigame:

WL2 could read user 6502 assembly code... surely there is a way to read a user map into Unity.

The Legend of Grimrock did not release with an editor; it was an afterthought that came of user requests... but they added one, and even today [this day], there are people still posting new user dungeons on the company forum, for the fans to play. It's the same for Grimrock 2—though that time, the editor was planned, and much better integrated. Grimrock released in 2012.

A BT:R editor with at least support for wall, monster & trap placement would be excellent; but with image import, and monster editing—superb.
(With aPNG/Gif import... outstanding!) 8-)