Lossless Flac for kickstarter backers?

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

eisberg
Scholar

Lossless Flac for kickstarter backers?

Post by eisberg » September 24th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Steam Premium get the lossless flac, but kickstarter backers get mp3 version. Can you please provide the lossless flac for us backers?

sear
Developer

Re: Lossless Flac for kickstarter backers?

Post by sear » September 26th, 2018, 7:39 am

Thanks for the suggestion! This is in progress.

eisberg
Scholar

Post by eisberg » September 26th, 2018, 2:04 pm

sear wrote:
September 26th, 2018, 7:39 am
Thank you.

Centaur
Acolyte

Post by Centaur » October 7th, 2018, 10:53 am

sear wrote:
Any news on this? I'm really waiting for the FLAC version of this soundtrack...

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 8th, 2018, 5:14 pm

Centaur wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 10:53 am
sear wrote:
Any news on this? I'm really waiting for the FLAC version of this soundtrack...
Sorry for the delay in replying! It was added to CrowdOx about a week ago, however, it looks like CrowdOx doesn't re-send emails with updated downloads unless the rewards are re-sent.

I've updated both yours and eisberg's accounts on CrowdOx and I believe this should have re-sent the digital fulfillment email to your inbox - please keep an eye out for it and let me know if you got the FLAC download in it.

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » October 8th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Is there a way to trigger that e-mail resending, or only you can do it?

Also, is there any progress with providing those add-ons as upgrade options on GOG and Steam?

Thanks!

Centaur
Acolyte

Post by Centaur » October 8th, 2018, 10:15 pm

Thanks, Sear, I received the email with the links to the FLACs. Very happy with that.
Is there any chance of receiving a FLAC version of Julie Fowlis Songpack as well?

On a sidenote, it would be so much easier (especially in the long run) if everyone could simply find all their keys and links on their Crowdox account, instead of only in those emails.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 9th, 2018, 6:26 am

Centaur wrote:
October 8th, 2018, 10:15 pm
Thanks, Sear, I received the email with the links to the FLACs. Very happy with that.
Is there any chance of receiving a FLAC version of Julie Fowlis Songpack as well?

On a sidenote, it would be so much easier (especially in the long run) if everyone could simply find all their keys and links on their Crowdox account, instead of only in those emails.
CrowdOx now has an account system, it actually rolled out a couple of days after the game came out. See here for details: https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... r-Rewards-

I can ask about the Julie Fowlis song pack, but I don't know if that's possible at this time.
shmerl wrote:
October 8th, 2018, 9:01 pm
Is there a way to trigger that e-mail resending, or only you can do it?

Also, is there any progress with providing those add-ons as upgrade options on GOG and Steam?

Thanks!
Signing up for a CrowdOx account (see link above) will let you access your rewards on-demand. I'm not sure if signing up will "refresh" things that are available to you though. For the time being, if something isn't showing up, you can get in touch with either us or CrowdOx support.

Regarding Steam/GOG upgrades, it's on our radar, but right now the primary focus of the team is towards developing and releasing patches.

Centaur
Acolyte

Post by Centaur » October 9th, 2018, 6:59 am

sear wrote:
October 9th, 2018, 6:26 am
Signing up for a CrowdOx account (see link above) will let you access your rewards on-demand. I'm not sure if signing up will "refresh" things that are available to you though. For the time being, if something isn't showing up, you can get in touch with either us or CrowdOx support.
Great, I immediately created a CrowdOx account (got a nice list of projects there already), and I see it has a "Digital Downloads and Keys" section... that makes things a lot easier, and is exactly what I was hoping for.
(by the way, the main entry for "The Bard's Tale IV" on that Crowdox account seems to link to https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/, which no longer appears to be accessible... maybe forwarding it to the original Kickstarter campaign is a better idea?)

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 9th, 2018, 7:48 am

Centaur wrote:
October 9th, 2018, 6:59 am
(by the way, the main entry for "The Bard's Tale IV" on that Crowdox account seems to link to https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/, which no longer appears to be accessible... maybe forwarding it to the original Kickstarter campaign is a better idea?)
I raised the issue with the PR team. Thanks.

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » January 30th, 2019, 7:47 pm

sear wrote:
October 9th, 2018, 6:26 am
Regarding Steam/GOG upgrades, it's on our radar, but right now the primary focus of the team is towards developing and releasing patches.
Any update on this?

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » January 30th, 2019, 7:56 pm

sear wrote:
October 8th, 2018, 5:14 pm
Sorry for the delay in replying! It was added to CrowdOx about a week ago, however, it looks like CrowdOx doesn't re-send emails with updated downloads unless the rewards are re-sent.
I just created a CrowdOx account with my backer e-mail and it shows me my digital downloads, but it only has mp3 soundtrack, no FLAC one. I guess something is missing?

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » February 2nd, 2019, 4:58 pm

Ping.

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » February 12th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Ping Ping

hasunA
Initiate

Post by hasunA » May 30th, 2019, 8:15 am

Got an (as it turned out accidental) reconfirmation email from CrowdOx 2 or 3 weeks ago, and to my surprise found that the FLAC version of the soundtrack was finally available on there.

Anyone still interested in the FLAC version might want to check their spam folder for that accidentally sent out email from CrowdOx. I guess you could also request this email with access to all the digital extras through the original confirmation email or the CrowdOx site itself(?)

Wasn't just the FLAC version of the soundtrack that was added but other things not available to download previously as well, iirc, so you might want to double-check on that too.