Pre-order - still haven't gotten everything

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

rgblois
Initiate

Pre-order - still haven't gotten everything

Post by rgblois » September 20th, 2018, 4:44 pm

I was a Premium pre-order, purchased a couple of months ago. I still haven't received any way of getting the game from GOG, as per what I had ordered, and the only thing I've received as far as "extras" is an email with a link to a zip file of the original three games.

I have received no communication whatsoever as to what happened to my original download.

I participated in the beta on Steam, and submitted several items of feedback.

I would like to think that I could get some kind of communication.

Who do I speak to? Can I expect that I'll get some resolution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sear
Developer

Re: Pre-order - still haven't gotten everything

Post by sear » September 20th, 2018, 4:51 pm

Hi rgblois, just to confirm, did you get the game via BardsTale.com, aka Xsolla?

If so, good news - we're working on taking over that process and getting everyone handled on our end. It'll take a little bit longer to bring over all the backer data. We apologize for the inconvenience on this one - we aren't happy with what happened and we won't be until the issue is resolved for you.

rgblois
Initiate

Post by rgblois » September 20th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Yes, I pre-ordered the Platinum Edition from XSolla. I participated in the beta and submitted several pieces of feedback, and now am anxious to get into the full game.

Thanks for the quick reply.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 20th, 2018, 5:04 pm

rgblois wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 4:58 pm
Yes, I pre-ordered the Platinum Edition from XSolla. I participated in the beta and submitted several pieces of feedback, and now am anxious to get into the full game.

Paul sent you a private message just now - he'll see if he can jump in and help you ASAP.

outsidefactor
Novice

Post by outsidefactor » September 20th, 2018, 6:22 pm

sear wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 5:04 pm
rgblois wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Paul sent you a private message just now - he'll see if he can jump in and help you ASAP.
Lot's of us have been let down by this process. I am still waiting for my key e-mail as well.

Xsolla operators are telling people 2 to 3 days to get an email out to correct the issue, which seems like a phenomenally long time to run a SQL query to generate a list of customers and send out a mail. It's all the same key I am told, so it's not like they have to generate a unique code per customer.

The pirates have the key already, so people who stole the game (or purchased the standard edition and then 'misappropriated' the key) have the full suite of in-game items, but many legit customers are still out in the cold. There is supposedly an animated version of the code wheel someone has made, so the less scrupulous you are the more content you have access to.