Getting Stuck

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

guilersk
Initiate

Getting Stuck

Post by guilersk » September 20th, 2018, 1:59 pm

About 6 hours in, taking my time, having some fun. I have had to reload 4 times so far though; one was due to a lost combat, 1 was due to losing the cursor when I grabbed a note that gave XP (maybe popped up a tutorial? which seems like it will be addressed in Friday's patch; happened twice but right-clicking got me out of it the second time) and 2 were getting stuck in terrain (once falling into the green bubbly moat near the AG entrance to Skara Brae Below from which there was no escape, and once on a curb/railing on the stairs near the end of Wringneck's initial quest that would not let me jump off of it). I don't suppose there's anyway to unstick myself? I understand the impulse to try to impart that old-school feel of only being able to save up in the AG after a harrowing journey into Mangar's Labyrinth below, but between the battles being half-puzzles (and I can often only win yellows on razor-thin margins) and getting stuck in terrain I find myself running back through half the town to an unbound luckstone after every fight (and sometimes after finding hidden loot) just to make sure I don't lose a bunch of progress if something goes wrong. Just being able to save twice in a row at the same luckstone would help; I have to leapfrog back to a previous one if the one I just saved at is lit up.

Marxorz
Novice

Re: Getting Stuck

Post by Marxorz » September 20th, 2018, 3:14 pm

I know that the save options have been discussed quite a bit, but I agree with Guilersk. I'd rather have the option to save more often... especially with crash/stuck bugs. I've had to re-do several areas due to this.

outsidefactor
Novice

Post by outsidefactor » September 20th, 2018, 3:52 pm

guilersk wrote: ↑
September 20th, 2018, 1:59 pm
About 6 hours in, taking my time, having some fun. I have had to reload 4 times so far though; one was due to a lost combat, 1 was due to losing the cursor when I grabbed a note that gave XP (maybe popped up a tutorial? which seems like it will be addressed in Friday's patch; happened twice but right-clicking got me out of it the second time) and 2 were getting stuck in terrain (once falling into the green bubbly moat near the AG entrance to Skara Brae Below from which there was no escape, and once on a curb/railing on the stairs near the end of Wringneck's initial quest that would not let me jump off of it). I don't suppose there's anyway to unstick myself? I understand the impulse to try to impart that old-school feel of only being able to save up in the AG after a harrowing journey into Mangar's Labyrinth below, but between the battles being half-puzzles (and I can often only win yellows on razor-thin margins) and getting stuck in terrain I find myself running back through half the town to an unbound luckstone after every fight (and sometimes after finding hidden loot) just to make sure I don't lose a bunch of progress if something goes wrong. Just being able to save twice in a row at the same luckstone would help; I have to leapfrog back to a previous one if the one I just saved at is lit up.
I lose about 50% of my hours to bugs and them mixing with infrequent save points. I had the lost mouse cursor due with the note three times in a row, which lost me over an hour. I have lost another hour or so to the eternal combat bug (combat is finished but won't end).

I find myself travelling half way across maps to permanent save points, which wastes more time. And with the removal of saves on area transitions there are even fewer saves.

I am giving up on BT4 for now. Between the failures in delivery and the garbage state of the release (it actually seems less stable than the beta) there is just no point playing right now.

Omelet79
Initiate

Post by Omelet79 » September 20th, 2018, 7:34 pm

It's unbelievable the difference in experience. I've had one or two minor bugs in 10+ hours of playtime.