I think I would enjoy this game more if....

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

dasinc
Initiate

I think I would enjoy this game more if....

Post by dasinc » September 20th, 2018, 8:41 am

....combat wasn't so tedious. It takes for ever. There is also the weird thing where sometimes you attack someone the and animation shows on another person.

On the whole, the game is cool and I am enjoying it. Just a few things that detract from that for me are:
* The combat as mentioned.
* Not being able to hit esc to exit some conversations etc
* saying you want to look at wares, then they say, ok have a look, and you have to click on that to get to the wares..ugh
* The enemy wiggle their bum at you...er..ok?

Other than the combat, the other things are very minor and not really issues unless you are being picky like I am atm.

Lord Azlan
Initiate

Re: I think I would enjoy this game more if....

Post by Lord Azlan » September 20th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Combat seems okay and fun for me apart from the odd occasion where it seems the game is going to crash. Poorly optimised? Yes.

Agreed on the wares too many clicks problem.

If you could sort or filter the inventory by food, equipment or crafting items? Yes.

If I could have picked up the weapons I found in the house where Dagleish was fooling around.

If the game suddenly did not block off access to save points by blocking off an area that was previously accessible!!

Marxorz
Novice

Post by Marxorz » September 20th, 2018, 3:21 pm

What do you find tedious about the combat? Once I got used to how ability works and combos, I thought that it flows really well.

And the bum wiggle is the official Scottish National Taunt :) :
https://youtu.be/zMXg_I7YY0o?t=1m46s

Marxorz
Novice

Post by Marxorz » September 20th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Lord Azlan wrote: ↑
September 20th, 2018, 3:18 pm
Agreed on the wares too many clicks problem.

If you could sort or filter the inventory by food, equipment or crafting items? Yes.
Big AGREE to both of these.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 20th, 2018, 4:53 pm

One thing I'll mention about combat is that it's possible to interrupt the animations and queue up attacks. Once you get going with the hotkeys and mouse, you can take your entire turn in just a second or two, then use the enemy's turn to plan your next move.

rmcoen
Acolyte

Post by rmcoen » September 20th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Ditto, I want less clicks, the ability to hit <ESCAPE> out of dialogue and menus and windows... generally, more hotkeys. Loot all with a button, for another example - <ENTER> or <L> or something. *really* want to avoid right-click, click-"abilities", click-song ,right-click to close, now rush for the stash.... Just let me hit "1" or "F1", or something, please! (Okay, 2, 'cause the Whistle is #1.) Numeric select characters would be nice too, please.

outsidefactor
Novice

Post by outsidefactor » September 20th, 2018, 8:28 pm

sear wrote: ↑
September 20th, 2018, 4:53 pm
One thing I'll mention about combat is that it's possible to interrupt the animations and queue up attacks. Once you get going with the hotkeys and mouse, you can take your entire turn in just a second or two, then use the enemy's turn to plan your next move.
I have often found that pre-queuing events often leads to hung combat. All the enemies are dead but combat refuses to end. Once that's fixed the pre-queuing will be great.