Experiences with Xsolla support

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Lord_Stargazer
Novice

Experiences with Xsolla support

Post by Lord_Stargazer » September 20th, 2018, 12:07 am

I am one of the people who preordered BT4 through the bardstale.com. I want to use this post to share my experiences with the Xsolla support and I am interested in reading about other customers' experiences.

Back in August I preordered the Platinum Edition of BT4 and got my beta Steam key (which updated into a full key on release day) almost immediately. So far so good. Unfortunately things went downhill from there.
Since the email from Xsolla only contained the key I already entered into Steam, I archived and forgot about it. On release day, when I noticed that all the extras were still missing, I thought I had missed something in this email and since I couldn't find it immediately, I contacted Xsolla support via Live Chat.

Even though the website greeted me in German (which is my native language), the support staff does only speak English. This is no big issue, but might cause some problems for some of us since Xsolla support relies on Google Translator in these cases. Sheesh!

I asked them to resend the email I got from them and the customer support agent told me to wait for a moment, while she looks into the issue. This took at least 10 minutes. Then the chat closed because of inactivity. This meant I had to open a new Live Chat and explain my predicament to a second agent. She quickly replied to me and told me I should get the email within the next 10 minutes. This email hasn't arrived yet.

In this post inXile recommends that we preorder customers should contact Xsolla support about the missing extras and so I did. This time I decided to send them a message. So I explained the issue, listed what extras are still missing, and entered my contact information and the transaction number. I actually expected that Xsolla would immediately send me a conformation email with a ticket number, but that wasn't the case. I now have no proof that I actually contacted them, and the next time I get in touch, I probably have to tell the whole story again.

Is this what others have experienced with Xsolla support, too? Please share your comments below.

P.S.: I don't want this to be a thread were people complain about inXile. They know that things went horribly wrong, and they are actually trying to fix things. I just want to share my experience with Xsolla and perhaps get tips from other customers on how one should deal with them.

outsidefactor
Novice

Re: Experiences with Xsolla support

Post by outsidefactor » September 20th, 2018, 12:49 am

Much of your and my experience are the same. I ordered through bardstale.com got my beta key and played (and loved) the game.

When I first realised that I was missing my digital content I went to Xsolla's site: they were the distributor so it made sense to go there first.

Xsolla's Gamer support page opens to a FAQ, and under the Product Delivery section it clearly read:

"I didn’t get a bonus or special deal associated with my purchase
If your payment was successfully completed and your purchase was associated with a bonus or special deal, but you haven’t received it, check to make sure that:
Your purchase was completed within the timeframe for bonus availability, and;
Your purchase met all requirements to qualify for the bonus.
If the above is true, but the bonus was not credited or the deal was not honored, please contact the game or service’s customer support team. Their contact information is most likely found on the game or service’s official site under a Help or Support tab. We recommend that you fully describe your issue and attach a payment receipt or other relevant documentation from Xsolla."

As this was true of my case I assumed it applied to me and I reported it on the forums. I was then told to report in on inXile's ZenDesk, which I did, and included my full Xsolla transaction details. About four hours after doing that sear told me to report it to Xsolla. I pointed out the issue above, but got no response about the apparent contradiction.

In the wake of reading your mail I decided to see what contact options were available for Xsolla, and after hunting around I found a phone number I could call toll-free. I spoke to a polite operator who misunderstood my issues a few times but eventually understood what I was missing from my order. They did some brief checking while I was on hold, came back and asked whether I had checked my spam folder. I said that I had, but I checked again with them on the phone and there was no mail.

They then took my transaction number and did some further checking with me on hold. They came back and said at that point that it could be fixed in the next 2 to 3 days but it might take longer. I expressed my surprise that it would take that long or longer, but they assured me that was the process and that was how long it could take.

It wasn't the worst tech support call I've had and I haven't had a positive outcome yet. I am stunned that they didn't just take my email down and post out a link to the PDF. That seems like an easy path to victory, but obviously I am missing something or they would have just done that.

Lord_Stargazer
Novice

Post by Lord_Stargazer » September 20th, 2018, 12:54 am

outsidefactor wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 12:49 am
I am stunned that they didn't just take my email down and post out a link to the PDF. That seems like an easy path to victory, but obviously I am missing something or they would have just done that.
That surprises me to no end. They should have a record of everyone's purchase and what it contains. Generating an email with all the keys, links, etc. should just be one click away. The fact that this is not the case explains why things went so horribly wrong. Somewhere along the lines someone messed up big time!

Modthryth
Initiate

Post by Modthryth » September 20th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Lord_Stargazer wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 12:54 am
outsidefactor wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 12:49 am
I am stunned that they didn't just take my email down and post out a link to the PDF. That seems like an easy path to victory, but obviously I am missing something or they would have just done that.
That surprises me to no end. They should have a record of everyone's purchase and what it contains. Generating an email with all the keys, links, etc. should just be one click away. The fact that this is not the case explains why things went so horribly wrong. Somewhere along the lines someone messed up big time!
Yeah that's pretty much how the story goes for me aswell..

Have been in touch with them, several times over the last 2 days and always have to explian the situation from scratch. I did however manage to get the email for the Bard's Tale 1-3 Classic edition after one of the contacts..

How hard is it to send another emial with the rest of the content that is missing?

Lord_Stargazer
Novice

Post by Lord_Stargazer » September 21st, 2018, 12:53 am

I just had the following exchange with Xsolla.

Does this mean we will get the missing extras directly via Steam or is this another attempt by Xsolla to pull wool over our eyes?