Codes are all the same. There are no unique backer rewards

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Twigleaf
Novice

Codes are all the same. There are no unique backer rewards

Post by Twigleaf » September 19th, 2018, 5:16 pm

Screenshots, which you can find in Steam Discussion...

Are proof they have just rand a gambit on every backer. There is NOTHING unique . Give it a day, or do a search, and everyone can unlock the $85 Day One Backer rewards. No need to have pledged, or buy the Ultimate edition.

The so called codes for the unique items... is one generically named code. I suspect it can be entered by a $20 bargain version of the game, and of course, this justifies the backer rewards. Of course, this is possibly the most unethical project in years, now that this is getting out there. Give it a couple of days, and other than the STANDARD Steam Game, these codes will be circulating pretty common. So even if you didn't get extras... take heart in knowing the backers have been thrown to the dogs here. InXile should be doing something about this massive botch job.

Now you know why we are going to 25 links.. NONE of this is unique to any backer package. its all in the game, and is simply a "cheat code" system to unlock the content. There is no Premium, Ultimate version in reality.
Chiisai Banni Banni no Kawaii Bouken Monogatari !

outsidefactor
Novice

Re: Codes are all the same. There are no unique backer rewards

Post by outsidefactor » September 19th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Yeah, this is frustrating. Pirates are unlocking content for free that I paid for and don't have access to yet.

I guess that inXile wants me to pirate their games? It's all about incentives, and I certainly feel incentivised.

I pay for a game and I get punished, but if I steal it I get the whole thing?

Twigleaf
Novice

Re: Codes are all the same. There are no unique backer rewards

Post by Twigleaf » September 19th, 2018, 5:33 pm

At this point, they are selling 4 Tiers of the same game. This is a problem. It hasn't hit home yet.. but it will.
Chiisai Banni Banni no Kawaii Bouken Monogatari !