No Redeem Code Option Apparent to me!

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

No Redeem Code Option Apparent to me!

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 19th, 2018, 2:13 am

I have the code card with all the bonus gear. I actually have two different ones, and it maybe that I get extra fire-horn, but where the hell do I click on redeem code. I followed the instructions as far as I know on the cards and they both say to go into options and do this, but I swear I looked everywhere in options and didn't find this. Unless it's a more obscure puzzle.

:roll:

satoru
Novice

Re: No Redeem Code Option Apparent to me!

Post by satoru » September 19th, 2018, 5:12 am

Click “options” in main menu

Click the 3rd tab

SCROLL DOWN

Then the redeem option appears

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1517501431

Visual guide available on Steam
Last edited by satoru on September 19th, 2018, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 19th, 2018, 6:02 am

I give it ago. Thanks.

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 19th, 2018, 6:13 am

Well, I put the code in and got the smiley face, but I didn't start a new game yet. I still gotta transfer all the game data from the computer I'm on now to my gamer computer. This one doesn't run the game very well at all. Everything is slower on this one.

satoru
Novice

Post by satoru » September 19th, 2018, 11:34 am

Orpheus the Bard wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 6:13 am
Well, I put the code in and got the smiley face, but I didn't start a new game yet. I still gotta transfer all the game data from the computer I'm on now to my gamer computer. This one doesn't run the game very well at all. Everything is slower on this one.
You don't need to start a new game. Existing saves will have the content once loaded.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 19th, 2018, 12:28 pm

satoru wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 5:12 am

Click the 3rd tab

SCROLL DOWN

Just emphasizing this - a few people had trouble finding the option so I want to make clear for anyone skimming the thread. :)

satoru
Novice

Post by satoru » September 19th, 2018, 1:17 pm

sear wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 12:28 pm
satoru wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 5:12 am

Click the 3rd tab

SCROLL DOWN

Just emphasizing this - a few people had trouble finding the option so I want to make clear for anyone skimming the thread. :)
Yeah not sure if this should be its own option, or like 'above the fold'? Its kinda hard to find.

But anyway made a quick visual guide as well

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 19th, 2018, 10:59 pm

I found both the Firehorn Upstairs attached to a wooden beam and Kael's Axe (Well, I guess it's his.) on the wall at the bottom of the stair well in the Adventures guild in Underbrae, but can't get at them otherwise. Does everybody have this or is that what they meant when they said I got this gear without having access to them.

Sorry to be a pain.

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 20th, 2018, 8:03 am

Did anybody notice the second Bonus Gear Card if they look in the extras folder where your game is installed. This is for the Fire-Horn alone and used it since it looks like I lost access to the other gear. Score.

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 20th, 2018, 8:24 am

Good find. Yeah there are a couple of things in the Extras folder.
For me: Codewheel PDF, Guidebook PDF, and the Firehorn PDF.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 20th, 2018, 10:10 am

We're going to be updating the instructions in the included PDFs in the near future to clarify how to find each in-game extra.

More details for those having trouble:

The Bardic Brian Skin is available during Character Creation for all players, and the Lute of Compulsory Cavorting can be found during gameplay by all players.

For any bonus items that require a code to unlock (Fire Horn, Kael's Axe, Bardic Brian Booty, and Red Boots), look inside your Extras folder in the game install directory. You will need to enter the code(s) into the "Redeem Code" field inside the Options menu -> Gameplay tab (scroll down to find it) after loading a save file or starting a new game. After they've been unlocked, you can find them around the Adventurer's Guild and Skara Brae Underground.

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 20th, 2018, 9:42 pm

sear wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 10:10 am
We're going to be updating the instructions in the included PDFs in the near future to clarify how to find each in-game extra.

The Bardic Brian Skin is available during Character Creation for all players, and the Lute of Compulsory Cavorting can be found during gameplay by all players.

For any bonus items that require a code to unlock (Fire Horn, Kael's Axe, Bardic Brian Booty, and Red Boots), look inside your Extras folder in the game install directory. You will need to enter the code(s) into the "Redeem Code" field inside the Options menu -> Gameplay tab (scroll down to find it) after loading a save file or starting a new game. After they've been unlocked, you can find them around the Adventurer's Guild and Skara Brae Underground.
Either because , I switched computers or didn't start a new game straight away, I think I missd out on Kaels' Axe and the Red Boots and maybe the Bardic Brian's Booty. Is there a way I can use the same code again to fix this if I uninstall and reinstall the game or that code only useable once only.

Likewise, I can play this on the original computer, (but it can barely run the game.) and collect the rewards there.

satoru
Novice

Post by satoru » September 21st, 2018, 4:49 pm

Orpheus the Bard wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 9:42 pm
sear wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 10:10 am

Either because , I switched computers or didn't start a new game straight away, I think I missd out on Kaels' Axe and the Red Boots and maybe the Bardic Brian's Booty. Is there a way I can use the same code again to fix this if I uninstall and reinstall the game or that code only useable once only.

Likewise, I can play this on the original computer, (but it can barely run the game.) and collect the rewards there.

You don't need to start a new game. Once you register the codes on a computer any save games will automatically have the content unlocked.

Just re-register your codes on your new computer. Steam cloud should move over your save games, but you can sneaker net them over and that will work too.