When do Physical orders ship?

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

immagikman
Scholar

Re: When do Physical orders ship?

Post by immagikman » September 20th, 2018, 12:05 pm

Centaur wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 2:49 am
sear wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 8:08 pm
The physical versions of The Bard's Tale IV were pushed back a little bit so that we could get the quality on them to where we wanted. They're still coming!
Thanks for the update, Sear... better quality is always good (and I have to say, that chest and the map look really nice)... it's just unfortunate that that the quality issue was discovered so late in the production process, causing a serious delay for us... any estimates on how much longer we will have to wait?
My question too, just a guesstimate on a time frame? Christmas? New Year? or Halloween? Maybe Thanksgiving? :D

tameautumn
Initiate

Post by tameautumn » September 21st, 2018, 10:37 am

sear wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 8:08 pm
The physical versions of The Bard's Tale IV were pushed back a little bit so that we could get the quality on them to where we wanted. They're still coming!

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek for those who haven't seen it yet:

That has got me more excited

curtwjen
Initiate

Post by curtwjen » September 26th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Echoing the question - any new information on when physical goods will ship?

I made a personal decision to wait for the physical goods before I start the game (maybe I/we'll get lucky and have grid based movement by then :D )

Some type of time frame would be most appreciated - under promise and over deliver is always a good thing.

Thank you

curtwjen
Initiate

Post by curtwjen » October 3rd, 2018, 1:18 pm

Bumping to see if there is any more detail behind "pushed back a little bit" and "They're still coming!"

Since I'm waiting for the physical goods to arrive before I start the game it's nice to see that the Developers are patching and improving - hopefully the experience will be worth the wait.

curtwjen
Initiate

Post by curtwjen » October 4th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Thought I'd pass the following along that I just saw posted on another thread in the "Backer Update" thread:

"As soon as we have a specific timeline, we'll be passing that along. It's mainly down to shipping/customs turnaround that we're waiting to confirm."

humbugs
Initiate

Post by humbugs » October 5th, 2018, 5:23 am

Thanks curtwjen

Am similarly holding off playing until getting the goodies.

Mandracke
Initiate

Bakers Boxes etc

Post by Mandracke » October 7th, 2018, 11:30 am

I was wondering when the bakers will geht their Boxes and stuff?! I mean.. the game is released since weeks now.

cheers

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » October 7th, 2018, 2:24 pm

The physical goodies really do the game justice, cannot wait.
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » October 7th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Yeah InXile's history on Physical Goods shipping is not the greatest. (though to be fair MOST software KS's seem to screw up the physical delivery bits)

Whether they do it themselves or they get the distributor to do it, something is invariably screwed up, and delays are the expectation, not the exception. Everything tends to come through great in the end though, just tend to be lots of misteps on the way to it.

Do a search on physical goods in the other already released Games threads to see some of the woes they have faced. I personally only ever went for a t-shirt in WL2 and because of stupid sizing differences across the world (Seriously how is that not standardised by now) it ended up not fitting me anyway.(And yes I did try and get it right, though again in all fairness I probably gaiend some weight in the delay between ordering and receiving :roll: )
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

MouthOnTheWall
Initiate

Post by MouthOnTheWall » October 8th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Hi all,
I'm glad someone asked about the physical copy, so i'm just gonna join with my Q here. (I was actually getting worried that the whole physical thing has been cancelled...)

I have found out about this project about 6 months ago. I played BT2 back in the 90s, when I was around 8 years old with no knowledge of English language whatsoever :D (After a couple of years of wandering around the hardest dungeons I knew I have even found 1! segment of the destiny wand).
So yeah...a big fan. My older brother started our #B Team, did all the mapping and wrote down all the riddles(with a "dictionary" translation).
He will be turning 40 in two weeks, so I thought that this would be a great Birthday present to see BT again 30 years later.(I hope it's not as bad as the forums portray it to be.but I don't even really care tbh)

My question is: Is there a way to purchase the old school looking physical version,for my brother and me, to join the trilogy on the shelve in my room? (I missed the KS) and would I get it shipped to Switzerland within "maximum" a month?

any advice is greatly appreciated,thx

kaiman
Scholar

Post by kaiman » October 12th, 2018, 9:27 am

Today I've received a shipping announcement from Swiss Post about a parcel from Koch Media. I'm pretty positive that this is the BTIV CE. Wouldn't know what else it might be. Of course, actual shipping could still be a week out, but I thought I'd mention that here. Obviously, I would have expected an announcement from inXile to hit before anything the courier might send out, but hey ...

Though now I fear the Linux version will arrive after the physical goods.

curtwjen
Initiate

Post by curtwjen » October 12th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Thank you kaiman - crossing our collective fingers...

Pierss
Initiate

Post by Pierss » October 13th, 2018, 2:34 am

There's a post in a Facebook Group I belong to, they have theirs.

Chris241275
Initiate

Post by Chris241275 » October 13th, 2018, 6:32 am

What backer tier is this?!
I got mine today but i miss the bards tale I - III physical reward. Not sure if my 230 Dollar tier was high enough for this. Actually i thought so, but not sure anymore now...

cparker94
Acolyte

Post by cparker94 » October 13th, 2018, 7:59 am

Glad to hear people are getting their physical goods. The picture which shows BT1-3 is probably from that backer’s own personal collection and he is just showing off the entire series in his pic.

Now, if only we could get that Mac version......

Craig from Texas

Jalis
Acolyte

Post by Jalis » October 13th, 2018, 8:56 am

That picture is 100% awesomesauce. I am ridiculously jealous the poster was able to preserve his/her early trilogy.

SirJoe71
Initiate

Post by SirJoe71 » October 15th, 2018, 9:52 am

Themadcow
Explorer

Post by Themadcow » October 15th, 2018, 9:56 am

Looks good. No notification of dispatch for me yet, so hopefully I'll hear something soon...
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » October 16th, 2018, 2:48 am

My BT swag have arrived! The box is absolutely gorgeous, the artwork beautiful, the map detailed and the soundtrack incredibly authentic which puts a lie to those rumours that Inxile are shit at designing and preparing their physical goods.
Themadcow wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 9:56 am
Looks good. No notification of dispatch for me yet, so hopefully I'll hear something soon...
I didn't get a NOD either; however, I am more than happy with the swag :-)
  • PREMIER COLLECTOR'S EDITION - EARLY BARD 2

A HIGH-QUALITY PREMIUM COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX. In addition to a larger box, this also comes with PRINTED GAME MANUAL, a CLOTH MAP of the game world, PRINTED ART BOOK, a CD version of the game's Original Soundtrack, Digital Songbook, Digital Strategy guide, both digital Novella 3-Packs, and Digital High-Res Wallpapers. Also includes your name in the BACKER CREDITS and BETA TEST Access, and digital versions of all included physical rewards!
Last edited by DNACowboy on October 16th, 2018, 4:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

Centaur
Acolyte

Post by Centaur » October 16th, 2018, 2:49 am

Themadcow wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 9:56 am
I never got a notification of dispatch either... but on Saturday, the package was delivered. That was a nice surprise.