Upgrades for backers to get digitial add-ons through GOG/Steam

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

shmerl
Explorer

Upgrades for backers to get digitial add-ons through GOG/Steam

Post by shmerl » September 18th, 2018, 2:04 pm

I got an e-mail from CrowdOx with links to digital add-ons, but let's admit it, it's not a good way to provide them and it would have been a lot better if backers could get add-ons through stores where they got the base game, especially since people who are buying the game are getting such packages. So why not backers who supported you way earlier?

Can you do something please and collaborate with GOG / Steam to get extra keys for such add-ons? May be users can contact GOG / Steam support to upgrade their editions to ones that correspond to their backer tier and you can just confirm that tier to them based on e-mail?

shmerl
Explorer

Re: Upgrades for backers to get digitial add-ons through GOG/Steam

Post by shmerl » September 19th, 2018, 8:29 pm

I'm surprised no one is interested in this. If you are, please comment and express your support.

outsidefactor
Novice

Post by outsidefactor » September 19th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people impacted by this, but they might not have found your thread. I am one of those impacted people.

There are other threads where this is being discussed:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19418

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19113

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19310

Some people have had some joy, but at this stage there are a lot of people still out in the cold.

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » September 19th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Well, this isn't really about a missing CrowdOx e-mail. It's about inXile improving the situation and providing add-ons to backers through actual stores where they provided the base game itself.

outsidefactor
Novice

Post by outsidefactor » September 19th, 2018, 8:41 pm

As for it being slip-streamed in, yeah it would be a better solution, but inXile haven't really engaged with that conversion yet. I expect they are still trying to put out the raging forest fire before they get on to the nice to have issues.

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » September 19th, 2018, 8:42 pm

You think they might get back to it in the future? I wouldn't mind that (it's not an urgent issue), but inXile so far didn't give any indication of such possibility.

outsidefactor
Novice

Post by outsidefactor » September 19th, 2018, 8:51 pm

shmerl wrote: ↑
September 19th, 2018, 8:42 pm
You think they might get back to it in the future? I wouldn't mind that (it's not an urgent issue), but inXile so far didn't give any indication of such possibility.
We should get this, but at this stage I doubt that it's even registering on inXile's radar. I am reluctant to speculate because I just don't have any data about inXile's internal workings, but the complete lack of a mention is probably not a good sign.

shmerl
Explorer

Post by shmerl » September 19th, 2018, 8:54 pm

I'm surprised really that it's even a problem. May be providing customizable set of add-ons, made it hard for them to match it to GOG / Steam packages. But not everyone customized them. Majority probably have a standard set of add-ons that can be easily matched to stores editions.

Scalpel
Initiate

Post by Scalpel » September 21st, 2018, 2:11 pm

Yeah I am feeling some backer's remorse now. The way backers are considered as second-class citizens compared to non-backers is disquieting.

Sure the game is set in Skara Brae but it lacks that Bard's Tale feel. I appreciate the time the developers spent in bringing this to life but my expectations haven't been met.

Silver Griffin
Initiate

Post by Silver Griffin » September 22nd, 2018, 3:24 am

WHY would you not have the rewards all go though Steam/GOG & instead go though a different service? Considering how bad CrowdOx has been working for a lot of people, I doubt it is going to be around long term. Which means a lot of my rewards are going to disappear for no good reason. This is a poor way to treat the people that put money up front for you to make the game.