Digital items

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Darkness Muta
Initiate

Re: Digital items

Post by Darkness Muta » September 21st, 2018, 12:47 am

phimseto wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 7:32 am
Darkness Muta wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 3:07 am
Well hopefully I eventually get my Digital items email from CrowdOx as I put in a support ticket here and an email to them yesterday with still no response or answer on either. Guess I will not be playing this game anytime soon since that Bardic Brian choice needs to be done from a new game, it is kind of pointless to start now if I decide I like the way that model looks to be my hero choice it would just be wasted game time.
Took a look and according to what I'm seeing, you received your game key on the 15th and your digital goods yesterday. On the latter, have you checked your junk/filter folders for the letter in case it ended up there?
I never recieved an email from CrowdOx on the 19th in any of my folders but saw mention today on Steam about making the CrowdOx account for the portal access so was able to get the items finally through the website. Still too many hoops to be forced to jump through to start playing the game 2 days after release that I backed 3 years ago, these digital items should have been a Steam/GOG code so they are attached to your platform of choice and not some 3rd party site you may not have access to anymore in 5 or 10 years down the road when CrowdOx is gone.

Lord_Stargazer
Novice

Post by Lord_Stargazer » September 21st, 2018, 1:03 am

I just noticed that inXile now says we should get in touch with them (and not go through Xsolla support anymore) if we are still missing the extras from our purchases on the bardstale.com site. That's quite funny since yesterday inXile support asked me to contact Xsolla. But I am not complaining if they are finally able to solve this issue. By the way, Xsolla support just told me that the missing stuff is provided through a Steam update. Can anyone from the dev team confirm this?

Modthryth
Initiate

Post by Modthryth » September 21st, 2018, 7:11 am

3rd time contacting InXile support, let's see how it goes this time. None of the preview's suppor tickets has been answered.

Spectralshade
Scholar

Post by Spectralshade » September 21st, 2018, 7:31 am

well, What's up with the forum badge?
instead of getting a code to activate like previous games, we get a png file we can use as our portrait?

I mean... wtf?

That's not a badge, that's an avatar...

Startrez
Initiate

Post by Startrez » September 21st, 2018, 1:19 pm

How do I get my PDF please. Purchased from Xsolla, Ultimate edition, still no PDF key or decoder wheel pdf... called xsolla and was told i would get it in 24 hours.

Help please.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 21st, 2018, 1:22 pm

Startrez wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 1:19 pm
How do I get my PDF please. Purchased from Xsolla, Ultimate edition, still no PDF key or decoder wheel pdf... called xsolla and was told i would get it in 24 hours.

Help please.
Drop me a private message with your email address and transaction # so I can look into it (or if you put in a support ticket with us, let us know what the support # is).

Rivethead
Initiate

Post by Rivethead » September 22nd, 2018, 7:08 am

Pacatus wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 8:59 pm
Rivethead wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 2:00 pm
Is the Lute of Compulsory Cavorting still a thing?

I see it on my rewards tab in the CrowdOx Survey.

But I didn't get a key emailed to me for it.....or see any mention of it (unlike Red Boot, DLC, Bardic Brian skin, etc.)
Lute of Compulsory Cavorting

The Lute is a special crowdfunded unlock that is in the game for everyone. It is based on a Bard skill called Compulsory Cavorting - where enemies dance until they take damage again. The Lute is an an off-hand weapon which gives you an ability to hit an enemy without knocking them out of the dancing pattern. The lute is available via vendors, victory drops, and in a crate across from the Adventurer's Guild in Skara Brae Below (but requires solving a puzzle to get to).
Thank you for this detailed response.