End of game?

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

sortarius
Initiate

End of game?

Post by sortarius » August 14th, 2018, 11:22 am

Greetings. Enjoyed playing so far. I reached the screen where it said "end of game" but there was still several battles that I had not yet fought because the guys were a bit tough for me. Is that supposed to be the case and those battles will be in the full release or did I miss stuff in Skara Brea underground that I should have gone back and done before reaching that last screen? Also, is this the actual game as there were several quests that I could not do like the drunk guys and finding a way to sail elsewhere) or a small subset for the purposes of beta?

Again, thanks for letting us all play this.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: End of game?

Post by Drool » August 14th, 2018, 1:05 pm

The beta isn't the complete game, no. The release version will have considerably more content.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » August 14th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Drool wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 1:05 pm
The beta isn't the complete game, no. The release version will have considerably more content.
I had seen some where that the Beta is about 15% of the game.

Spectralshade
Scholar

Post by Spectralshade » August 14th, 2018, 2:21 pm

immagikman wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 1:51 pm
Drool wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 1:05 pm
I had seen some where that the Beta is about 15% of the game.
15%-20%, as confirmed in the steam forums. so that should tell you something about the 'size' of the 'full' game.

Pacatus
Developer

Post by Pacatus » August 16th, 2018, 6:38 pm

sortarius wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 11:22 am
Greetings. Enjoyed playing so far. I reached the screen where it said "end of game" but there was still several battles that I had not yet fought because the guys were a bit tough for me. Is that supposed to be the case and those battles will be in the full release or did I miss stuff in Skara Brea underground that I should have gone back and done before reaching that last screen? Also, is this the actual game as there were several quests that I could not do like the drunk guys and finding a way to sail elsewhere) or a small subset for the purposes of beta?

Again, thanks for letting us all play this.
Thanks for playing! You are in one heck of a surprise :lol: :D

eisberg
Scholar

Post by eisberg » August 16th, 2018, 7:03 pm

I noticed I didn't do any of the side quests that I got while playing and just kept on doing the main quest. But can any of the side quests actually be done?

Pacatus
Developer

Post by Pacatus » August 16th, 2018, 7:29 pm

eisberg wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 7:03 pm
I noticed I didn't do any of the side quests that I got while playing and just kept on doing the main quest. But can any of the side quests actually be done?
I believe in the spoiler room, there is a list of quests that can be completed vs can't in the Beta. However, I love seeing folks cataloging everything they are finding the Beta to springboard their experience when the game comes out soon.