First Person vs. Third Person - switching possible

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Belgarath
Initiate

First Person vs. Third Person - switching possible

Post by Belgarath » August 6th, 2018, 10:58 pm

So I have started to play the beta and had to actually stop it a short while into the game for the same reason I stopped playing most every first person adventure/shooter/... that slight nauseatic feeling that gets stronger and stronger.

I do not, however, suffer from that in most of the 3rd person games - any chance of switching to a 3rd person view, focusing on the “main”character even if only that character is shown?

Regards,
Klaus

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: First Person vs. Third Person - switching possible

Post by Zombra » August 6th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Sorry Klaus, there was not enough budget to render the player characters in 3D, so they will not be represented in the game world.

The good news is that a field of view slider is likely to be added to the game. Increasing FOV usually helps with nausea in FP games.

ZiN
Adventurer

Post by ZiN » August 7th, 2018, 6:25 am

Zombra wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 11:23 pm
The good news is that a field of view slider is likely to be added to the game. Increasing FOV usually helps with nausea in FP games.
Didn't see anything about that in the last update, where they listed all the changes based on feedback.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » August 8th, 2018, 2:19 am

ZiN wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 6:25 am
Zombra wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 11:23 pm
Didn't see anything about that in the last update, where they listed all the changes based on feedback.
I could have sworn I saw something about that. Maybe I'm thinking of a different project :(