Beta Acess for Platinum Edition pre-order

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

chaney
Acolyte

Re: Beta Acess for Platinum Edition pre-order

Post by chaney » July 13th, 2018, 7:29 pm

I got my beta key email, and thanx to Zombra for the instructions. Not intuitive for Non-Steam users. Downloading now. :D

jward1983
Initiate

Post by jward1983 » July 13th, 2018, 8:16 pm

I should have done my homework before handing money over to Xsolla.

I bought the PE today 10 hours ago and still no key, but doing some google searching on Xsolla and reading their Facebook page, and checking them on the BBB website - it sounds like they are a pretty fraudulent company. There is way way too many reports of people never getting their digital goods that they paid for, and worse, fraudulent charges to their credit cards made under Xsolla.

I already called my bank and had them kill my debit card to send me a new one before I have to deal with anything worse than potentially losing my $75. I'm not holding my breath and I think inXile should be taking it pretty seriously that so many people purchasing the PE right now are not receiving Beta keys.

Jhandor
Initiate

Post by Jhandor » July 13th, 2018, 8:46 pm

jward1983 wrote: ↑
July 13th, 2018, 8:16 pm
I should have done my homework before handing money over to Xsolla.

I bought the PE today 10 hours ago and still no key, but doing some google searching on Xsolla and reading their Facebook page, and checking them on the BBB website - it sounds like they are a pretty fraudulent company. There is way way too many reports of people never getting their digital goods that they paid for, and worse, fraudulent charges to their credit cards made under Xsolla.

I already called my bank and had them kill my debit card to send me a new one before I have to deal with anything worse than potentially losing my $75. I'm not holding my breath and I think inXile should be taking it pretty seriously that so many people purchasing the PE right now are not receiving Beta keys.
I bought the PE yesterday afternoon and still haven't received a key. Bank of America even listed the initial charge when I tried to order it as a possible fraudulent charge - which was my first red flag that I should not have ignored (I really, really wanted to play the beta).

Xsolla is definitely a fraudulent company with a disreputable background. I viewed their facebook page and can verify what jward1983 has mentioned. There's hundreds of 1 star reviews with people explaining that they didn't get the games they ordered, they ordered one game and then received more fraudulent charges, and there's even people that never heard of Xzolla that have been charged by them. And of course Xzolla sent them a generic "we don't think the charges are fraudulent, please contact your bank" letter.

Their SSL certificate on their website isn't even current for Christ's sake.

I also called Xsolla support and the customer service agent I spoke with wasn't very helpful at all - she even wanted me to email my bank statement as proof of purchase - which was another giant red flag and pretty rage inducing.

I disputed the charge and killed my card and had to order a new one since they have my information. I would highly recommend anyone that has ordered through Xsolla to do the same, or you'll be experiencing fraudulent charges in the future.

Some sort of explanation from InXile would be welcome. Why was this company chosen as a distributor? I would love to pre-purchase the game and have beta access, without getting my credit card information stolen and dealing with the stress of a scamful incompetent offshore company that can't even e-mail me a beta key.

Djaybeetoo
Initiate

Post by Djaybeetoo » July 14th, 2018, 12:55 am

Looks like I will have to call my bank, Ordered Platinum Edition, over 12 hours ago, got my Xsolla receipt and no beta access key. Talked to Xsolla customer support and they said "No beta keys have been sent to anyone and they have no ETA on when they will be sent". This made me rage quit the Customer support text chat. Really!!!!!

Peweex
Initiate

Post by Peweex » July 14th, 2018, 2:08 am

I haven't received a key as well. Someone from Xsolla support told me that they do not have ETA when the keys will be sent. I asked them why and wat is the reason and he told me he must check with tech team. I'm still waiting for any message from them.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » July 14th, 2018, 6:17 am

Hi all, they have been sending out keys as other customers have been receiving them but it is obvious they don't have their ducks in a row there. They have the beta keys they need. I wrote them last night and again this morning, and kicked this up to the higher ups here, that this needs to be fixed ASAP. Here at inXile we obviously want you playing the beta and enjoying the game. We will keep working to get you taken care of.

If any of you are KS backers still waiting on a key from CrowdOx, we have a note into them as well that a few keys aren't distributing properly.

Cristiano
Initiate

Post by Cristiano » July 14th, 2018, 8:15 am

I still have not received my key. I was going to buy a second copy for my dad, but I have no faith in the company you are using for sales. At this point I just want what I paid for, which is not a difficult concept.

jward1983
Initiate

Post by jward1983 » July 14th, 2018, 9:27 am

phimseto wrote: ↑
July 14th, 2018, 6:17 am
Hi all, they have been sending out keys as other customers have been receiving them but it is obvious they don't have their ducks in a row there. They have the beta keys they need. I wrote them last night and again this morning, and kicked this up to the higher ups here, that this needs to be fixed ASAP. Here at inXile we obviously want you playing the beta and enjoying the game. We will keep working to get you taken care of.

If any of you are KS backers still waiting on a key from CrowdOx, we have a note into them as well that a few keys aren't distributing properly.
We appreciate this, and hopefully we end up getting our beta keys.

Honestly my bigger concern at this point is whether or not we will even get our keys when the game goes live in September. Xsolla clearly has a terrible reputation of simply never giving people the keys they pay for. I am incredibly skeptical right now that I will be able to play this game on Sept 18th unless I double down and buy it a 2nd time directly through Steam or GOG.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » July 14th, 2018, 10:09 am

Hi all, see here for an update: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19026

Koithim
Initiate

Post by Koithim » July 14th, 2018, 4:58 pm

I also preordered the Platinum Edition from Xsolla. The main reason why i took the Platinum Edition is the beta access.

I'm still waiting to receive any information from Xsolla.

Cheers!

K

Rynquist
Initiate

Post by Rynquist » July 15th, 2018, 2:27 am

Was really looking forward to starting play yesterday, so e-mail sent to you today and hopefully i will be able to get on sooner rather than later :)

Thanks for the help!

JOHN42877
Initiate

Post by JOHN42877 » July 17th, 2018, 7:18 am

I ordered this yesterday from Xsolla, they referred me to inXile support. I sent an email to support, and hadn't gotten a response after about 6 hours I attempted again to talk with Xsolla, and they told me that I would get my issue resolved in 3 days. That's nuts! I am more that a little confused on if I should just dispute the charge, and forget the whole thing, or if there is someone that can help either at inXile or Xsolla.

That was now about 24 hours ago.

Anyone have a suggestion?

One add-on when I told Xsolla chat "3 days WOW That's nuts." They responded with sorry and quickly disconnected the chat without any other response, basically hung up on me....

Klytus
Initiate

Post by Klytus » July 17th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Paid for BT IV via PayPal, i'm debating raiseing the issue with them. Over 24 hours since i paid and nothing from either two parties involved is bad form really.