Kudos to inXile on the BT 1-3 remasters!

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

waltc
Scholar

Kudos to inXile on the BT 1-3 remasters!

Post by waltc » June 20th, 2018, 3:07 pm

This is great news, inXile...! Weird thing is I just found out today by looking at a post in the GOG BT forum--found out that for some reason I haven't been getting my emails from KS on the updates--so I didn't get the last one and approximately 3 before that... :mrgreen: It's weird, they had my email address correct but their emails to me were being bounced--so I reentered the same address and it verified and so I should be OK from now on. I think what might have happened is that using outlook.com I had all of the KS posts going into their own directory--and so something within the outlook site botched and instead of putting them into the KS folder the system was *bouncing them*...! All fixed now, though!

I thought the project had died with Old Skuul--as I had zero confidence they'd ever be able to finish it. Fantastic that inXile is going ahead with it! The illustrations from Krome (sp?) look fantastic--just how they should look...! Can't wait on these...thanks, my whole BTIV experience just lightened up an appreciable amount...Very glad to see this--as I *know* these games still have some fiscal potential for you guys--remastered they ought to do wonderfully...! (Never underestimate the value of revitalized IP, imo! But, so many companies do--it's amazing how many perfectly viable games are sitting there just decaying because the IP holders don't want to do anything with them--and don't want anyone else doing anything with them--and are content with just watching it rot!)

I guess I was rather hoping for these remastered versions moreso than I thought--thanks again--made my day!
8-) Great news indeed!

phimseto
Developer

Re: Kudos to inXile on the BT 1-3 remasters!

Post by phimseto » June 20th, 2018, 8:05 pm

We're working on having a fully-playable BT1 out to folks soon. Just hashing out the delivery. Krome is doing some great work, though it's an overall team effort between them, inXile, and a very able group of testers.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 21st, 2018, 1:14 am

phimseto wrote:
June 20th, 2018, 8:05 pm
We're working on having a fully-playable BT1 out to folks soon. Just hashing out the delivery. Krome is doing some great work, though it's an overall team effort between them, inXile, and a very able group of testers.
8-)

Now that it is revealed, is is still under NDA?

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » June 24th, 2018, 12:51 pm

phimseto wrote:
Super. Thanks for the info!

balinor
Acolyte

Post by balinor » July 2nd, 2018, 5:53 am

phimseto wrote:
Are we actually going to hear about a time-frame any time soon or is it just going to be a case of throwing it out to us as and when it's ready?

It would be nice to actually get some better communication from Inxile as it has been pretty poor so far over the length of this project.