Claiming Bards Tale 1, 2, 3?

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

VitaminK
Novice

Claiming Bards Tale 1, 2, 3?

Post by VitaminK » March 24th, 2018, 5:05 am

So on my backer page it says I have the Trilogy and Remastered Trilogy, I know Remastered isn't out yet but I have not been able to figure out how to go about claiming the first. I read about going to account / rewards page but do not see any way to do that... anytime I click to get there it just sends me back to the start page..

From;
https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment. ... us-rewards
Visit the Account page by clicking the top link on the Torment site, then visit the Rewards page using the left-hand navigation menu, and click the "Manage Keys" button, where you can claim any applicable keys for that reward. Once you have your key, check below for more detailed instructions for each platform.
Please update this!
inXile fanboy, Wasteland survivor
Follow me on twitch.tv and see me get owned or once in awhile have a good run!

VitaminK
Novice

Re: Claiming Bards Tale 1, 2, 3?

Post by VitaminK » March 28th, 2018, 11:58 pm

Can a mod please move this over to "BT: Classic Tales"?

Still looking for help with this, even put in a support ticket but have yet to get a reply from anyone.

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » April 2nd, 2018, 9:18 am

I'm about to just torrent this support is beyond useless. One week just to get a reply from them to resubmit my survey to get my CrowdOx link... Will post here if I get an intelligent answer back from them that CrowdOx provides no download or keys to claim it.

chaney
Novice

Post by chaney » April 8th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Go to the bottom of the website at this link, and click Did you miss or lose the link to complete your Survey? Retrieve it herehttps://app.crowdox.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » April 11th, 2018, 12:45 pm

chaney wrote:
April 8th, 2018, 7:46 pm
Go to the bottom of the website at this link, and click Did you miss or lose the link to complete your Survey? Retrieve it herehttps://app.crowdox.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv
Have you tried this? It hasn't worked for anyone and I've tried myself several times.. I don't know why people keep saying this when it clearly doesn't work. The CrowdOx page provides no links to any downloads.

If anyone can upload these or provide a link to working files I'd appreciate it as support has been absolutely no help.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » April 11th, 2018, 12:52 pm

VitaminK wrote:
April 11th, 2018, 12:45 pm
chaney wrote:
April 8th, 2018, 7:46 pm
Have you tried this? It hasn't worked for anyone and I've tried myself several times.. I don't know why people keep saying this when it clearly doesn't work. The CrowdOx page provides no links to any downloads.

If anyone can upload these or provide a link to working files I'd appreciate it as support has been absolutely no help.
i would try a ritualistic dance to summon one of the Exiles from elemental planes. Thus far we do not have found any way to reach any of the staff reliably.

Maybe this will alert Phimseto, honestly not sure if he can solve this problem though.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » April 11th, 2018, 8:46 pm

VitaminK, that page is out of date. Honestly, I didn't even know it was still accessible. The step by step can be found here: https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... ker-survey

It will first send you an email with a link that allows you view your backer tier, confirm it, and complete your backer survey. Once you've confirmed that, it then generates a second email that contains codes or links to all available rewards, including the emulated original trilogy.

Thanks for the head's up about the old rewards page. I'll let the team know in hopes they can remove it to avoid anyone else running into the same problem.

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » April 12th, 2018, 10:45 pm

phimseto wrote:
April 11th, 2018, 8:46 pm
VitaminK, that page is out of date. Honestly, I didn't even know it was still accessible. The step by step can be found here: https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... ker-survey

It will first send you an email with a link that allows you view your backer tier, confirm it, and complete your backer survey. Once you've confirmed that, it then generates a second email that contains codes or links to all available rewards, including the emulated original trilogy.

Thanks for the head's up about the old rewards page. I'll let the team know in hopes they can remove it to avoid anyone else running into the same problem.
Oh my God... PLEASE test something before you tell people to use it. I've done that countless times. There is NO second email. There is NO way to download from your rewards page. Do you think everyone here is that f*cking stupid. I'm so frustrated with this sh*t.

ZiN
Adventurer

Post by ZiN » April 12th, 2018, 11:49 pm

VitaminK wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 10:45 pm
Oh my God... PLEASE test something before you tell people to use it. I've done that countless times. There is NO second email. There is NO way to download from your rewards page. Do you think everyone here is that f*cking stupid. I'm so frustrated with this sh*t.
It is worth to note, that for the most part of 2017, their excuse for their worthless 3 monthly updates and their general lack of progress was that: "We're busy rebuilding the new backer portal..." Now this shiny new backer portal barely works, people have all kinds of trouble, mostly with accessing stuff like the classic games and forum badges, etc. It's clunky, unreliable and generally much worse, than the original one.

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » April 13th, 2018, 3:19 am

VitaminK wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 10:45 pm

hey, calm down. Join us in apathy instead its better for your heart. Lets see if they come back to you somewhen in the next 3 months (mentioning that they dont has been the only thing remotely working to attract an answer :lol: )

Euclidean
Novice

Post by Euclidean » April 13th, 2018, 7:45 am

I got this to work back on December 6th. When i finished the survey I received two emails from crowd ox, one that was titled "The Bard's Tale IV - Crowd Ox Confirmation" which just had a summary of what was included in my pledge, and a second titled "The Bard's Tale IV - Digital Fulfillment" that had product keys and download links.

I just now tried updating my survey, and I only received the first summary email, it did not send the second one with product keys/links this time. So it broke sometime in the last 4 months if that helps anyone narrow down whats going on.

Or maybe it is only sending the email the first time you compete the survey, so if you lose that one and try and do it again you're screwed?

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » April 13th, 2018, 9:17 am

Euclidean wrote:
April 13th, 2018, 7:45 am
Or maybe it is only sending the email the first time you compete the survey, so if you lose that one and try and do it again you're screwed?
I believe that is the case. I seem to recall a statement about "save the emailed reply for the download links as you won't receive them again".

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » April 13th, 2018, 9:31 am

The backer portal been working fine for tens of thousands of others, but there will be and are hiccups, and we deal with them as they arise. It's obviously a tough break for those affected, and we'll work to get it straightened out with you. Drop me a PM (as VitaminK did) if you are one of those people, and I'll look into it.

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » April 13th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Euclidean wrote:
April 13th, 2018, 7:45 am
"The Bard's Tale IV - Digital Fulfillment"
You glorious man!
This is exactly what is going on. If you've already filled out / confirmed the survey it only gets sent to you once. Hopefully they can change this where you can get to the links elsewhere or they will resend the download info.