What tier has access to Alpha?

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

bcparfitt
Initiate

What tier has access to Alpha?

Post by bcparfitt » March 22nd, 2018, 1:36 pm

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else. Can anyone tell me what monetary level you had to pledge to get access to the Alpha. Should this be available at the Premier Collector's Edition level or no?

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: What tier has access to Alpha?

Post by Zombra » March 22nd, 2018, 1:43 pm

Checking the Kickstarter page, it looks like only tiers labelled "BEHIND THE SCENES" have Alpha access. The collector box tier gets you Beta access but not Alpha unless you went for the BTS collector tier.

bcparfitt
Initiate

Post by bcparfitt » March 22nd, 2018, 1:50 pm

Darn!

Thanks for the speedy response though!

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » March 23rd, 2018, 7:06 am

Guys, I pledged from day one with the 'PREMIER COLLECTOR'S EDITION - EARLY BARD 2' which does not include the Alpha Test, is there any way I can buy the Alpha Test as an add-on?
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

Jademonk
Initiate

Post by Jademonk » April 20th, 2018, 4:51 pm

I don’t even understand having to pay for the alpha. Isn’t our feedback payment enough?

_noblesse_oblige_
Master

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » April 20th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Given that they don't have a good feedback mechanism in place, they probably wanted to limit the volume. Money is one way to do that, sad to say.

If they made an open alpha, they would probably have to use a company, like Qualtrics, for mass distribution of the surveys and fancy data crunching and text analytics. Using companies like that costs money.
cmibl<enter>