Missing backer rewards?

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

LosGrak
Initiate

Missing backer rewards?

Post by LosGrak » December 5th, 2017, 4:31 pm

I registered on the CrowdOx site today and it correctly showed that I had backed at the Tormented Bard tier. However, when I completed the survey and received the confirmation email with the keys for my reward, it was missing the Torment: Tides of Numenera key. I never collected it from the old backer portal, so what gives?

sear
Developer

Re: Missing backer rewards?

Post by sear » December 5th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Please drop a message over at the Help Center with the details, and we can take a look: https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

LosGrak
Initiate

Post by LosGrak » December 5th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

JeroenB
Novice

Post by JeroenB » December 9th, 2017, 4:47 pm

My Kickstarter pledge was incorrectly transferred to the CrowdOx portal. I've sent in a support request to inXile's Zendesk, but not very reassuring so far...

During the initial procedure from the emailed link there is also no mention of rewards such as the bonus from backing earlier inXile games, nor any spare inXile points one had on the original site. Are such things are present on the CrowdOx site once one has gone through the initial procedure?

Ereon
Initiate

Post by Ereon » December 13th, 2017, 1:49 am

I didn't ever collect my early and repeat backer type rewards either, there is nothing about them on the CrowdOx portal once you go through the confirmation process. I understand the reasoning that InXile moved this stuff across to CrowdOx but it certainly doesn't seem like it was a positive move in some respects.

Torakusu
Initiate

Post by Torakusu » December 27th, 2017, 1:16 am

Whatever happened to the old Backers' Portal?

Blackstorm
Initiate

Post by Blackstorm » January 16th, 2018, 10:20 am

I've tried to complete my backer survey but it wants me to pay additional 30$. I paid everything in the old backer portal and it looks like some of my payments are not listed in the survey. I contacted support over a month ago and only received an automated message that they will review my request. Nothing else. Is this normal?

JeroenB
Novice

Post by JeroenB » January 16th, 2018, 4:50 pm

Blackstorm wrote:
January 16th, 2018, 10:20 am
I've tried to complete my backer survey but it wants me to pay additional 30$. I paid everything in the old backer portal and it looks like some of my payments are not listed in the survey. I contacted support over a month ago and only received an automated message that they will review my request. Nothing else. Is this normal?
I contacted them in December regarding my own incorrect details on CrowdOx. They responded within a few days to ask for more details, which I provided on December 12th, but I also have not heard anything since.

InXile stated on Kickstarter on December 11th:
If you are having issues, you can write us via our support email so we can get that squared away. If you've written already, no need to follow up. We'll get to your support ticket soon.
Despite their apparently unusual definition of "soon", that statement does at least imply our requests should be in the queue.

Blackstorm
Initiate

Post by Blackstorm » February 16th, 2018, 2:15 am

Three month with no news. What's going on?

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » February 16th, 2018, 6:10 am

Blackstorm wrote:
February 16th, 2018, 2:15 am
You must have missed yesterday's update.

ETA: Apologies - I didn't make the connection in this reply that you were referring specifically to your support issue with backer rewards, rather than general BT4 news.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Blackstorm
Initiate

Post by Blackstorm » February 16th, 2018, 7:22 am

I've meant regarding my missing backer rewards. It's three month since i started the support call. without any answer.

JeroenB
Novice

Post by JeroenB » February 17th, 2018, 6:32 am

thebruce wrote:
February 16th, 2018, 6:10 am
Blackstorm wrote:
February 16th, 2018, 2:15 am
You must have missed yesterday's update
Perhaps you responded to Blackstorm's comment quickly without fully realising its context, but within this thread your answer comes across as extremely insulting. In my view you should apologise for that comment, especially given your status as moderator on these forums.

InXile is free to move to a different backer platform, and it is entirely understandable that things will go wrong in that conversion, but the reality is that inXile has subsequently not responded to at least some people's open tickets for over two months now, and as far as I can tell the February 15th update on Kickstarter does not address that in the slightest. (I assume that is the update you were referring to, your link does not currently work.)

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » February 17th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Hm.
Well first, certainly no insult was intended. However I was mistaken - I read the comment alone without checking the thread topic, so the intent of the reply was simply to direct to the latest news. But you're correct - apart from more digital wallpaper downloads for backers, there was no further backer rewards update included, and of course no specific addressing of the issue at hand. So my apologies for jumping the gun on the reply. And yes the link was incorrect; not sure what happened there as I'm confident I put the thread link. Oh well, editing the message. (a final side note, please don't patronize moderators - pointing out an error is fine, if we err we are mature enough to admit it; thanks)
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

JeroenB
Novice

Post by JeroenB » February 21st, 2018, 3:15 pm

thebruce wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 1:46 pm
Hm.
Well first, certainly no insult was intended. However I was mistaken - I read the comment alone without checking the thread topic, so the intent of the reply was simply to direct to the latest news. But you're correct - apart from more digital wallpaper downloads for backers, there was no further backer rewards update included, and of course no specific addressing of the issue at hand. So my apologies for jumping the gun on the reply. And yes the link was incorrect; not sure what happened there as I'm confident I put the thread link. Oh well, editing the message. (a final side note, please don't patronize moderators - pointing out an error is fine, if we err we are mature enough to admit it; thanks)
Thanks for your response, good to hear it was indeed merely a well-intended response suffering an accident of context.

(My comment was not intended to be read as patronising, apologies if it came across that way. On the contrary, I was trying to be as neutral as perhaps my exhasperation at my own open ticket would allow at that moment. It seems we experienced a two-way example of how stylistic differences hinder the interpretation of tone in purely textual communication.)

JeroenB
Novice

Post by JeroenB » March 24th, 2018, 5:58 pm

So it's now been well over three months since the last action on my support call regarding incorrect transfer to the CrowdOx portal. The only option I see other than these apparently pointless posts here would be to create a support ticket about my support ticket, but that would just be silly.

@Blackstorm, if you read this, did you ever get a response?

I also wonder whether Ereon ever figured out the repeat backer rewards, because that is something I'll probably run into when I finally have access to CrowdOx.

Ereon
Initiate

Post by Ereon » March 30th, 2018, 5:20 am

JeroenB wrote:
March 24th, 2018, 5:58 pm
I also wonder whether Ereon ever figured out the repeat backer rewards, because that is something I'll probably run into when I finally have access to CrowdOx.
Hi, Nope.
Nothing in CrowdOx about it and nothing to suggest that there ever will be, I guess I just miss out which is a shame given I was an early backer and supporter of the project. Seems rather silly that they would change the portal and in the process remove rewards that people should have without ever giving any warning that this would happen, but then again, they already have our money so it's not really their problem is it... :(

Blackstorm
Initiate

Post by Blackstorm » March 30th, 2018, 1:19 pm

Hi, i got a mail where they asked: "which items are they saying you have to pay extra for?". That was one day after posting here. But it's now over a month again without any news.

Blackstorm
Initiate

Post by Blackstorm » May 12th, 2018, 1:49 pm

It's now almost half a year since i opend the ticket - what's going on at inxile?

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 14th, 2018, 8:23 am

Blackstorm, did you reply to the ticket? If so I'm not seeing your response. Could you resubmit?

Blackstorm
Initiate

Post by Blackstorm » May 15th, 2018, 1:40 pm

I replied to the ticket and my last reply was on February 17, 2018. My reply is listed in Zendesk. The ticket was created on December 06, 2017 19:30.

I replied again, now both replies are listed in Zendesk.