Still no backer rewards site active.

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Alation
Novice

Still no backer rewards site active.

Post by Alation » July 23rd, 2017, 11:00 pm

So we have got the news site but you still can't log in to see your pledges and rewards. Any chance of getting that page back as well?

phimseto
Developer

Re: Still no backer rewards site active.

Post by phimseto » July 24th, 2017, 9:48 am

We're working with CrowdOx on it now. It's not a strict 1:1 translation, so there's a great amount of troubleshooting being done.

Alation
Novice

Post by Alation » July 25th, 2017, 1:09 am

Thanks for the info, I was afraid that I was missing something, or not be able to log in for some other reason. :)

CymTyr
Initiate

Post by CymTyr » July 29th, 2017, 8:52 pm

I was worried about this too, until I re-read a recent newsbit. You guys might want to make it a little more clear on the page that's currently up for BT4 that the backer portal will be up in the near future :) I was freaking out thinking I pissed in someone's cornflakes at inXile. LOL.
"I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter. I had to fall to lose it all, and in the end, it doesn't even matter...."

RIP Chester!

Fizen
Initiate

Post by Fizen » September 21st, 2017, 12:27 am

Any update on this? Since the original release date was Oct 2017. I'm not even able to add backer badges and the little information on whats going on with certain things is rather vague.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 21st, 2017, 7:59 am

I hesitate to say "soon" because this has been a very labor-intensive process, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel coming into view. As soon as it is live, we'll be posting about it everywhere we can. Stay tuned.

Arsene-Lupin
Acolyte

Post by Arsene-Lupin » October 1st, 2017, 6:12 pm

Considering how little InXile has had to show for *years* of work, rather than the Backer Portal shouldn't we be more concerned that that game itself doesn't appear to exist?

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » October 1st, 2017, 11:18 pm

Arsene-Lupin wrote:
October 1st, 2017, 6:12 pm
Considering how little InXile has had to show for *years* of work, rather than the Backer Portal shouldn't we be more concerned that that game itself doesn't appear to exist?
They released two games this year one of which was being used to bring additional funding for BT4. There's also an update from this year showing BT4 on YouTube.

Arsene-Lupin
Acolyte

Post by Arsene-Lupin » October 2nd, 2017, 9:49 am

They could have released 20 games this year, it doesn't change the fact that they've been very quiet about BT4 and have shown us very little of the actual game.

tomimt
Acolyte

Post by tomimt » October 4th, 2017, 10:17 am

Arsene-Lupin wrote:
October 2nd, 2017, 9:49 am
They could have released 20 games this year, it doesn't change the fact that they've been very quiet about BT4 and have shown us very little of the actual game.
That doesn't really differ from the previous MO of inXile. They've been poor communicators pretty much since Wasteland 2 and have gotten poorer as the time has gone by.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » October 6th, 2017, 5:11 am

I really hope the lack of communication is just because they're making so much progress and haven't had time to make an update, rather than the game being in development hell because of the new New Orleans team and it's lack of experience.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

_noblesse_oblige_
Explorer

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » October 6th, 2017, 4:51 pm

If they were making a lot of progress, I think they'd want to show it off some. They've got a dedicated community manager for this game. If he's not talking, it's probably because they don't have anything to talk about. Or that would be my guess. I wonder how their effort to attract people to New Orleans is even working out. It's not a major software development hub. Just because the state or city is giving them an economic incentive doesn't mean that they are giving potential engineers an incentive. Make half of what you would make in Seattle or Silicon Valley and live in a hurricane zone with hot, humid summers... <sarcasm>yeah, sign me up</sarcasm>.
cmibl<enter>

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » October 8th, 2017, 3:32 am

True, California/LA is basically the global hub for software/gaming development, I think the only reason they even created a New Orleans studio was because of subsidies from the local government.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » October 8th, 2017, 11:05 am

Also, California coastal region is very expensive cost of living. Potentially more "bang-for-the-buck" in New Orleans.

_noblesse_oblige_
Explorer

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » October 8th, 2017, 11:51 am

Yeah, I moved to the Seattle area (which is only slight less of a hub than parts of California) from Michigan a little more than 4 years ago. While it is true that the cost of living is significantly higher, so is the compensation. And the market pressures are such that software engineer salaries are increasing faster than the cost of living. Furthermore, if I were to quit my current job tomorrow, I could easily be employed (doing something which interests me) within weeks without having to move or to interview all over the country. Try doing that in New Orleans....

So, I get why a company might want to setup shop in New Orleans (economic incentives from local governments and lower payroll costs), but my argument is that the math doesn't really work out nearly as well for potential employees.
cmibl<enter>

nevelium
Initiate

Post by nevelium » October 13th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Any word on the backer rewards site? Excited for the game, but very nervous with the lack of communication.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » October 13th, 2017, 8:51 pm

As soon as the backer site is up, we'll be announcing it everywhere we can, including the forums here. As for the next update, we're working on it now, but we don't have a set ETA.

farland
Initiate

Post by farland » October 16th, 2017, 8:01 pm

cant wait to see more videos for this game

Themadcow
Scholar

Post by Themadcow » October 21st, 2017, 12:55 am

_noblesse_oblige_ wrote:
October 8th, 2017, 11:51 am
Yeah, I moved to the Seattle area (which is only slight less of a hub than parts of California) from Michigan a little more than 4 years ago. While it is true that the cost of living is significantly higher, so is the compensation. And the market pressures are such that software engineer salaries are increasing faster than the cost of living.
I travel on business to Seattle regularly and recently got one of my UK team a move to the Seattle office. Considering she is a lower level than me, and 7 years less experience... she's now on 2X my London salary. Its crazy how much they pay in the tech hubs.
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

_noblesse_oblige_
Explorer

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » October 25th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Themadcow wrote:
October 21st, 2017, 12:55 am
_noblesse_oblige_ wrote:
October 8th, 2017, 11:51 am
Yeah, I moved to the Seattle area (which is only slight less of a hub than parts of California) from Michigan a little more than 4 years ago. While it is true that the cost of living is significantly higher, so is the compensation. And the market pressures are such that software engineer salaries are increasing faster than the cost of living.
I travel on business to Seattle regularly and recently got one of my UK team a move to the Seattle office. Considering she is a lower level than me, and 7 years less experience... she's now on 2X my London salary. Its crazy how much they pay in the tech hubs.
Indeed. And I didn't think that London was a cheap place to live. Fun watching supply-and-demand pricing in action, especially when you're part of the short supply. Unfortunately, houses are also in short supply around here. Getting a decent one often means making a bid at US$100K over asking price (which is often US$700K or higher) and within a 24-hour window of the house appearing on market. I'm guessing that one could buy several houses for a 100 grand in New Orleans after a major hurricane. No idea what prices are like there, but probably not Seattle-crazy.
cmibl<enter>