just curious

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

just curious

Post by GoonieOfDoom » March 15th, 2017, 10:47 am

what will be the full title of Bards tale 4...
like bards 1 was bards tale tales of the unknown and second was bards tale destiny knight and 3rd bards tale thief of fate... was curious if they have decided on what the 4th will be call.. thanks again.. an looking forward to release of this iconic franchise... good job inxile.. hope it wont stop with 4... is very obvious that theres enuff interest in this franchise to keep goin .. lets hope u guys can deliver..

GoonieOfDoom

Ningauble
Novice

Re: just curious

Post by Ningauble » March 15th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Bards Tale 4: The Butt of the Shaggiest Dog Joke In History.

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

Post by GoonieOfDoom » March 16th, 2017, 2:57 pm

that was so helpful thx

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » March 17th, 2017, 7:06 am

They probably have the general story in mind, but with much of their resources going into game mechanics first, the official subtitle will probably be one of the last things finalized. Hope it's a good one though!
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

ZZGO
Acolyte

Post by ZZGO » March 19th, 2017, 1:16 am

Hmm... given the setting information we got so far, how about "Enter the Inquisitor"? :twisted:

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

Post by GoonieOfDoom » March 21st, 2017, 2:02 pm

lol nice name btw.. dreamspell lol... wonder if we will see oscon and other never before always talked bout iconic characters... lol a silver square circle an triangle for one puzzle to obtain access into an important area maybe :D

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

Post by GoonieOfDoom » June 2nd, 2017, 10:56 am

one more thing.. I really don't see how brian fargo or berger girl can even pretend they were apart of bt2.. no where in does it state anything of the sort.. soooo I really hope they don't fuck up a true epic classic.. like that sad rip off the bards tale crap comedy.. since they are tryin to put sum of that comedy shit into bt4 they better change their direction.. or they wont get funds to do a 5th installment cuz the fans wont foot the bill like they did for 4.. ONLY reason its getting done.. the fans... so bt4 can actually destroy inxile if they screw the pooch.. ah well.. that's my 2 cents worth.. don't care wat negative responses this may generate on top of it. only mike cranford could've done a true continuation.. the one reason 3 bombed.. and why no one could touch the franchise.. good for u mike!

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » June 2nd, 2017, 12:08 pm

Well, inXile has a lot of fans as well, and many of them also backed BT4 because it's inXile. However, that is one concern of mine - that investers who don't have a history with BT classics and just want another great RPG may end up swaying many of the decisions away from what BT fans would truly love to see in the BT sequel.
We do know that inXile is listening, and they do hear, and have implemented ideas and concepts in an attempt to stay relevant to BT and its fans. But I'm still pretty wary of the direction; best I can do is hold out, cross fingers, and hope that in the long run the classic fans' opinions and input will hold more weight during the dev process than the non-BT-based backer crowd! :)

I don't doubt that inXile will publish a quality game. But I did back Bard's Tale 4, not next-cool-RPG...! ;)
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 2nd, 2017, 12:29 pm

We are indeed listening.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 2nd, 2017, 3:05 pm

thebruce wrote:
June 2nd, 2017, 12:08 pm
I don't doubt that inXile will publish a quality game. But I did back Bard's Tale 4, not next-cool-RPG...! ;)
My thoughts as well; for all three of the games I backed.

Iiago
Acolyte

Post by Iiago » June 4th, 2017, 9:01 pm

I'm wondering if inXile will be willing to chance an entirely new IP at some point.

If they're relying on Kickstarter/Fig funds that's probably impossible unless they have a far more modest budget, which I doubt would suit inXile's style. There'd get some backing - I'd probably back a new RPG IP, based on their past work.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » June 5th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Iiago wrote:
June 4th, 2017, 9:01 pm
I'm wondering if inXile will be willing to chance an entirely new IP at some point.

If they're relying on Kickstarter/Fig funds that's probably impossible unless they have a far more modest budget, which I doubt would suit inXile's style. There'd get some backing - I'd probably back a new RPG IP, based on their past work.
I'd like to see them do something new. Partially because whilst overall I have enjoyed their new stuff, there is always a nagging feeling to it because of the changes they have made.

"Epic space opera" is my vote :-)
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

Post by GoonieOfDoom » June 5th, 2017, 5:03 pm

I backed all as well.. but if they r goin to do sumthin different.. don't do it on our dime.. an plz don't experiment on beloved classics.. especially bards tale.. they've made enuff money to fund their own projects. thx to the fans of course. I did know that originally bards tale was goin to be a trilogy .. bards tale.. mages tale and thiefs tale.. but well history didn't quite go that route. I am lookin forward to how bt4 will ultimately be.. I do give credit tho.. I know they listen.. one reason why they pushed back the release date..hopefully to address not only wat they said they were goin to address but that humorous factor as well.. again.. we can do with out that. agreed with the hopes of not making just the next cool rpg game. bt 1 set a new bar.. bt2 raised it even further. now 30 years later.. hope they can utilize todays tech and inovations to make bt a true dungeon crawler to set a new standard. with the fingers crossed and hope they get it right tho.. would love to see a bt5 bt6...etc

Iiago
Acolyte

Post by Iiago » June 13th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Woolfe wrote:
June 5th, 2017, 4:20 pm
"Epic space opera" is my vote :-)
Seconded!!

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

Post by GoonieOfDoom » July 3rd, 2017, 8:18 pm

just read the newest announcement... Michael Cranford is returning for bards tale 4... about damn time. only he can usher in a true bards tale tale.. if it wasn't for him.. bards tale wouldn't be wat it was.. aside from thief of fate of course which EA painfully found out. I believe he will return the franchise to all its glory an then some.. ill take my cup of mead, relax by the fire... an confidently await my summons back to the world of bards tale...

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

Post by GoonieOfDoom » July 11th, 2017, 2:36 pm

kinda been think.. oh shit!! lol.. we all remember that great unique artwork on the inside of the bards tale tales of the unknown.. the city map. an I believe the same artwork was used for the forest map on destiny knight.. a lot of us bards tale vets .. well the ones ive talked with... truly had a special place in our hearts and memories of those looong days where we had to grind out one more level of the catacombs.. stayin up for 3 days straight living off of mt dew an pretzels.. I did actually stay up 5 days straight on that diet :D.. kinda like when we hear a certain 80s song.. instantly I remember exactly where the hell I got lost for 5 hrs in the sewers lol.. that artwork is synonimos 'cant spell' will bards tales an I saw in the bt4 forums a lot of fans was suggesting incorporating that specific art into the game some way. kinda like the bt 4 banner on ur present projects page.. ie with wat appears an new rebuilt skara brae on top of old ruins.. any way.. was thinking.. inxile. u should take that artwork as the basis for a new isoteric/top town ie. pillars of eternity.. an create another game of shoot within the bards tale world.. since cranford.. original creator is now back in his revolutionary world of old.. Im sure he could manifest such ideas... just a thought..
also sum where some how.. if u guys don't own or actually registered trademark of .. tales of the unknown.. u better.. that's a title befitting of another great game direction/creation within or without in the bards tale world.. kinda like magic mouths only indigenous to bt..
absolutely confident now tho.. on the end result of the return of the" best rpg of the 80s". cir. computer gaming world pc .. except for the corny ass unwanted humor.. similar to that bards tale wtf from the 90s.. which has nooo business being in such a classic.. well to that degree anyway.. should stay the course for dark an seriously mature .. would draw u into a true gritty dungeon crawler.. remember!! that's wat the original was.. and one of the reasons for the hugely successful life it had.. albeit it did have alittle humor.. but nothing that was forced or slapped into ur face.. plz refer to the current first look at combat.. with a crazy amount of over the top giggly humor an unnecessary amount of in group/party communication as well.. absolutely NOT needed..an from forum feed back.. that's the common consencious 'again cant spell' throughout. but I digress .. a lot of fans where concerned on the 'feel' of the game.. especially in combat as I just stated.. but again.. with cranford back into his world..i must say im truly amazed that even happened.. lol.. kinda like how the hell did fargo manage after 3 decades of EA burying interplays success vault under a ton of concrete never to allow themselves or anyone else for that matter to even imagine a new bards tale.. um.. can we say devil whiskey? hint hint...
but I say this.. fans take confidence in the return of its master.. an allow urself to go absolutely balls nutz imagining ..what if they would make a bards tale today.. with the visual technology an scope of the potential... the depth of detail of story.. now.. u can.. now finally . the technology is there.. and now.. cranford is there too.. I say. saradon would be truly satisfied an confident to call upon u an ur adventurers once again...RIGHT ON!!