The Bard's Tale IV FAQ

For all Bard's Tale IV discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

sear
Developer

The Bard's Tale IV FAQ

Post by sear » July 24th, 2015, 8:42 am

Hey guys,

I decided to write up a quick FAQ about The Bard's Tale IV. Consider it your first stop for any sort of basic questions on the game and its crowdfunding campaign. We'll have a more extensive FAQ once our backer site is online.

General Questions

What is The Bard's Tale IV?
The Bard's Tale IV is a classic-style dungeon crawler being created on the 30th anniversary of the original Bard's Tale, and will bring back party-based, first-person role-playing. With Brian Fargo among its original creators, the legendary Bard's Tale series was an instant success and has become a classic. Featuring stunning visuals and distinct art and music drawing from Scottish Gaelic culture, The Bard's Tale IV will let you explore deep dungeons and overcome challenging puzzles, all while fighting through devious enemies in responsive, beautifully-animated combat.

Where can I learn more about The Bard's Tale IV?
You can check the following sites for more info:
Do you have any video of The Bard's Tale IV?
Yes! You can check out our YouTube channel for more videos on The Bard's Tale IV: https://www.youtube.com/user/inXile2010/

Does The Bard's Tale IV have a release date?
Our release date for the game is still tentative, but we are currently targeting a release for late 2017.

Do you have a support address I can contact?
If you need help, you can contact us directly on Kickstarter, email support@inxile.net, or use our support form here: http://inxile-entertainment.com/support

Pledge & Reward Questions

I missed the Kickstarter, can I still pledge?
Indeed! We are still taking pledges for the game at our official web site: https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/

My pledge included a bonus game. When do I get it?
Any bonus games that came with your pledge (first 48 hour games, classic Bard's Tale trilogy, Ultima Underworld loyalty rewards, etc.) will be distributed through our backer web site. We're hoping that will be available soon.

I changed my Kickstarter pledge level. Do I lose out on my first 48 hour bonus game?
Nope, we have a record of your information taken from the first 48 hours. Even if you upgraded your pledge afterwards you will still get your bonus game.

I backed the game and got a digital copy. What stores are you offering the game from?
We are distributing the game for our backers using Steam and GOG.com. You will be able to choose which one you want once the game has released.

I pledged using PayPal. Do I still get access to any bonus Kickstarter rewards (community unlocks, loyalty rewards, etc.)?
Yes, we treat our Kickstarter and direct PayPal backers equally. All special rewards and extras that were available to Kickstarter backers are also available for PayPal backers.

When can I specify add-ons to my pledge?
We'll be managing add-ons through our full backer web site, which isn't yet online (but is coming soon). We will have an account system similar to our other games where you will be able to manage your pledge, add-ons, claim rewards, upgrade, and more.

Technical Questions

What operating systems will the game be out on?
The Bard's Tale IV is currently planned for Windows, Mac and Linux.

What are the system requirements for The Bard's Tale IV?
It's pretty difficult for us to pin down system requirements at this time, given the game's intended release date in 2017. Given the amount of time between now and our planned release, speculating on specifics isn't likely to be very accurate or useful. Obviously, though, we want to be able to deliver a great-looking game for as many systems as we can support.

What game engine are you using?
The Bard's Tale IV will be built using Unreal Engine 4, taking advantage of the latest graphics technologies to create a lush and vibrant world with great interactivity and detail.

Are you doing a console or mobile version of the game?
We are currently focused PC only, and our Kickstarter campaign was solely to fund the PC version. That said, it is possible we'll explore consoles and other platforms later on down the road.

Are you supporting Oculus Rift or other VR systems?
We do think VR represents a very cool trend in gaming and we think the technology has a lot to offer in the years to come. However, at this time we do not have plans for VR support.

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Re: The Bard's Tale IV FAQ

Post by thebruce » June 20th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Just a note: The official site is currently a single image splash page. Just for reference (support and pledges for rewards is just one thing that's currently not accessible)
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0